Author Topic: Per the suggested guide-lines - Rule Number One  (Read 6448 times)

Offline Daryl

Re: Per the suggested guide-lines - Rule Number One
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2021, 06:53:36 AM »
My step son managed to hurt his finger with a pump on a bb gun and when his mom showed up at the ER on the back of a motorcycle wearing camo the doc wanted to call child protective services, he knew we were gun crazed lunatics and bad for the child!
PS her son is now in law enforcement.

I had to laugh out loud at that one, Kevin.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2021, 05:51:05 PM »
I was surprised when I went to the ER last week thinking I was having a heart attack(strained chest muscle), one of the first things they asked me was if I was an Army veteran. Being a proud vet I said yes, I guess us vets are now viewed as a possible threat to the direction the country is going.

They could be right under the right conditions but for now I will just draw my retirement check and piddle around the shop, it is also best not to listen to the news or read too many newspapers. 

Offline alacran

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2021, 01:24:08 PM »
I own nothing that I am afraid to loose. Eventually everything I own, will belong to someone else.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Online smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2021, 05:43:12 PM »
Guido,
That’s so true, except for one thing.  I told my kids I’m spending every last dollar I have before I die.  They can have my guns, but there won’t be a dime left for powder.
In His grip,

Dane

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2021, 05:46:56 PM »
Guido,
That’s so true, except for one thing.  I told my kids I’m spending every last dollar I have before I die.  They can have my guns, but there won’t be a dime left for powder.

Me too. I love the old period English films where the heir complains his father left him nothing but the family name and a heavily mortgaged family estate, and I always think, “Well played old man. Well played”.

Offline snapper

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2021, 07:41:11 PM »
Joke with some of my friends is that "were not spending our money, were spending our kid's"

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Online acorn20

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2021, 11:46:38 PM »
This happens to be one reason that I prefer using a moniker instead of my name for identification.
Dan Akers

Offline john bohan

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2021, 03:19:51 AM »
One time the VA ask if I had guns and offered me free saftey locks to help with suicide prevention,they gave me 5 of them.My friend asked me if they gave me the keys too!

Offline Frank Barker

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2021, 11:58:11 AM »
I lost all of my guns in a boating accident in the Bermuda Triangle, I no longer have any guns at all. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...  :)