Author Topic: Armstrong Pistol trigger and a couple more  (Read 859 times)

Offline Scota4570

Armstrong Pistol trigger and a couple more
« on: August 22, 2020, 11:42:54 PM »

I want to move forward with this build.  I have the barrel turned, a lock that is very close and a useable trigger guard. 

Trigger????  Would it likely have been pinned in the stock or pinned in the trigger plate? 

Nose cap??  The barrel is round up front, the stock is pretty dainty.  Should I make a one or two piece nose cap? 

Thanks,
Scot

Offline Mtn Meek

• GRRW Collector
Re: Armstrong Pistol trigger and a couple more
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 10:03:02 PM »
I have a very close copy of this pistol that was made by Art DeCamp and some very good close-up photos of the original pistol that I found on the internet.

One of the photos of the original has the lock out and shows the lock internals as well as the lock mortise. It looks like there may be a pin through the stock for the trigger.  I'm a little unsure because it is right next to the hole for the sear screw.

There is another detail picture of the muzzle of the original showing the nose cap.  In it, the nose cap looks like it could be one piece.

On the DeCamp copy the nose cap is two-piece.  The DeCamp pistol is a wonderful piece and feels great in the hand.  I haven't taken photos of it yet or I would post some of it.
Phil Meek