Author Topic: Shooter Development Weekend  (Read 678 times)

Offline snapper

Shooter Development Weekend
« on: July 24, 2020, 04:36:42 AM »
I am the Captain of the United States International Muzzle Loading Long Range Team.   

We are hosting a clinic to work with new shooters and existing shooters.   You do not have to be a member of the team to take advantage of this clinic.

The weekend of October 17-18 we will be having a shooters development weekend at the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association's (NMLRA) range at Friendship, IN.  This is to work on the theory and application of long range ML shooting.

The range at NMLRA goes out to 500 yards.

The idea is to work on our weakness and help develop our shooting skills.

This will be a mix of class room and range time

For everyone that is coming I would like to have you send me an email of what you think your weakness are, or those things that you would like to work on and also what you think your strengths are.  An example would be that if we have 5 people that want to work on their shooting position, and we have one person that is their strength, those guys can work on that issue, then we move on to the next item.

Things that we can work on are reading the mirage, reading the wind, using the sling, shooting position, mental management, load development, equipment etc.   If there is something that I did not list that you want to work on please do not hesitate to list it.

That weekend at NMLRA is a BPCR sil match.   So we will be sharing the range with them.   We will work with them and shoot on their relay times. We will be at the other end of the range from them.

The sil matches are usually done around 3 pm and that is a great time to work on wind and mirage.   Plus we might be able to have some fun and shoot at the sil. animals after they are done with them on Saturday.

Lodging: you can camp at the range, you just would need to call the office and pay for the nights.   There is full hook up camping or pitch a tent.   There is one cabin that can be rented.  The cabin is nice, it has two bedrooms, each with two beds.   Cost is $25/night per bed.  There is no bathroom in the cabin,  This cabin is first come first serve.   Currently no one has it rented.   BPCR shooters will usually rent this for their matches, but they have not done it yet for October.   The bathrooms and showers will be open and available for use.   You can also find a hotel room in nearby towns.  To rent a bed in the cabin call Lora at NMLRA  812 667 5131.

There is also another cabin I have heard in the area that someone rents out, Lora might be able to get you that number if you want.

Cost for this event will be no charge if you are a member of the NMLRA.   If you are not a member it will cost you $35 to become a member and receive the digital magazine or $50 and receive the hard copy of the monthly magazine.    Everyone will have to pay for the cost of any paper targets that you use.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Art Fleener
afleener@yahoo.com
515 291 9208 cell
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill