Author Topic: Springfield Armory 1812 Pattern Type III Flintlock Musket  (Read 1670 times)

Offline WESTbury

• Marble Mountain central I Corps May 1969
Springfield Armory 1812 Pattern Type III Flintlock Musket
« on: July 24, 2020, 02:56:42 PM »
This 1816 dated musket employs the third style barrel bands and location of the band retaining springs. Most collectors refer to these muskets as the Model 1812 Type III.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 01:53:21 AM by WESTbury »
"We are not about to send American Boys 9 to 10 thousand miles away from home to do what Asian Boys ought to be doing for themselves."
President Lyndon B. Johnson October 21, 1964

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
Re: Springfield Armory 1812 Pattern Type III Flintlock Musket
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 08:11:08 PM »
Keep em coming. These old muskets just don’t get enough love
Psalms 144

Offline WESTbury

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 09:57:25 PM »
Clark--There will be plenty more.

If you want to see what will be coming, check out Dennis Glazener's 8-01-19 post of my book, in the Recent Books section of the Forum.
"We are not about to send American Boys 9 to 10 thousand miles away from home to do what Asian Boys ought to be doing for themselves."

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 01:30:34 AM »
Sir, I have your book. I burn the covers off of it enough.  ;D  It is currently my biggest aid in my Charleville project, and will be used for any future muskets I either build or improve.

Any future works in progress by any chance?
Psalms 144

Offline WESTbury

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 04:16:42 AM »
Clark--I'm gratified that you find the book useful. My main goal in writing the book and incorporating so many detailed photographs and descriptions was to get info out there concerning these muskets, that had not been discussed in other books or lightly touched upon at best.

Man at Arms Magazine just published Part III of my Springfield Armory Musket Evolution series. I have one more article in the que but it pertains to the Allin Conversions not my main obsession, flint muskets.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to e-mail me.

Kent