Author Topic: Rice Barrel?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline tippit

Rice Barrel?
« on: August 22, 2020, 03:07:25 AM »
Maybe dumb question but what does the A & B weight refer to.  Looking at rifle with a Rice .45 cal. x 41" B wt. barrel with round bottom rifling. Can some explain this to me?

Offline BruceH

Re: Rice Barrel?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 03:11:03 AM »
That is the profile of their swamped barrels.  A is the lightest, B next and so on.  You can go to their web site and see the differences as shown by measurements along the length of the barrel from the rear to the front.

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 03:26:33 AM »
Not dumb at all.  None of knew what it was at one time.  Go to any of the barrel seller sites and they’ll have a diagram with measurements.  It refers to swamped barrels.

Offline JLSawyer

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 01:38:11 PM »
Maybe dumb question but what does the A & B weight refer to.  Looking at rifle with a Rice .45 cal. x 41" B wt. barrel with round bottom rifling. Can some explain this to me?

Your best bet would be to give Jason at Rice a call. He can walk you through it all. If he doesn’t have any barrels in stock that match what you’re looking for I’m sure he could make one for you. His Reading profile is 40 15/16” and comes in a .45 caliber B weight. You might also ask him about the Early Dutch Lancaster (41”) and Light Hagga (40.50”) barrels.
Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer