Author Topic: Jezebel likes pork  (Read 1926 times)

Offline sqrldog

Jezebel likes pork
« on: August 09, 2020, 04:51:25 AM »
Some of you may recall that Mike Brooks made a painted lady rifle for me that I call "Jezebel ".  Well late this afternoon just as light was fading the .60 cal. rifle had a chance at a really nice young boar hog that weighs 175/200 lbs and came through with flying colors. I think I can learn to like her even if her makeup is a little heavy. Picture attached. This young hog will make some fine eating for a friend of mine.

Offline R.J.Bruce

Re: Jezebel likes pork
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 05:25:26 AM »
That is one of Mike's best rifles, IMO.

YOU should love her like the HUSSY she is!!!!

Good shooting!!

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 12:47:38 PM »
Being a traditional old gas bag, I was prepared to dislike Jezebel on sight...then sqrldog let me hold her at Bama's AL-KY rifle show and after getting to caress her curves and hold her close I had to admit she has a lot of charm! As far as a shooter, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, 'cause old sqrldog can go into the swamp with a piece of sewer pipe, a marble, and a pocket full of strike-anywhere match heads and come back with a hog for dinner. Maybe we can get M. Brooks down "heah" in January to tell some tales about Jezebel's past. What a display...Jezebel and one of Bama's Calvary church ladies on the same table!

Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 04:17:46 PM »
Fine eats ya got there Tim. You let me hold that sassy lady at the show an I like the way she pointed. Looks like she hits where she points
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline Ted Kramer

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 06:16:52 PM »
Good job Tim! Nice hog, nice rifle. Looks like the .60 made quite a hole in that hog. Where did you get the sling?
Ted K

Offline sqrldog

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 08:15:54 PM »
Thanks for all the kind comments about the rifle and the hog. Jezebel is in my opinion some of Mikes better work.  I understand she may not be for everyone but I am fond of her and that's all that matters.

Ted the strap came from Jeanne McDonald.  I asker for something to match the rifle with a little Native American look to it. Well pleased with her work. I own several of her straps.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 03:42:41 AM »
I like it.  Sling looks great on her.  I have several of Jeannes slings myself.  They dress up a gun real nice.

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 02:24:48 PM »
Now that’s a pretty rifle, being put to its ultimate best use!  Isn’t that the one Mike was working on that we saw last August at Stoner’s?  It was far enough along that I already fell in love with the lines, and the carving and decorations just put it way over the top!  Another “.60 Also” doing work!

Congrats,
Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline flinchrocket

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 05:59:17 PM »
Those 60's are starting to grow on me. Look at the size of that drain hole in that slab of bacon. ;)

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 09:25:15 PM »
Jezebel is my kind of woman!  I bet I could make an honest woman out of her.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 11:39:45 PM »
I think you have one of the best, and most pretty, of Mike's production.  He has combined metal, wood, and paint in a wonderful way.  Quite the artist!
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.