Author Topic: Does anyone see my pic???  (Read 3527 times)

Colonial Riflesmith

Does anyone see my pic???
« on: August 17, 2009, 08:07:48 AM »
On my computer all I see is a red X where my pic should be. Can anyone see my pic or do you have a red X also. Thanks for answering this and letting me know.

Offline Randy Hedden

• member 2
  • American Mountain Men #1393
Re: Does anyone see my pic???
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 08:26:12 AM »
On my computer all I see is a red X where my pic should be. Can anyone see my pic or do you have a red X also. Thanks for answering this and letting me know.

CR,

No picture is visible on my screen.  Better try again.  If you are trying to use Photobucket you can find a tutorial about using Photobucket in the "Tutorials" forum here:

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=10.0

Randy Hedden
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:29:10 AM by Randy Hedden »
American Mountain Men #1393

Offline SCLoyalist

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 10:00:13 AM »
Nope, no picture, just a red X where your 'avatar' should be under your name. 

I used a picture on my hard drive and uploaded it, rather than a link to a site like photobucket (avatars may be the only pictures you can upload to ALR ; pictures in posts as illustrations need to be specified as a URL link to a site, like photobucket or flickr).  I believe for the upload option to work, the picture has to be sized pretty small, probably 65 pixels by 65 pixels or smaller.   

good luck, SCL

Colonial Riflesmith

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm on a gov. computer, so my choices are limited. I'll be home mid Oct. I'll repost my pic then.

Daryl

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 05:16:49 PM »
CR - seems to me there was a choice to upload from the base computer, or from an upload site like Photobucket. Choosing the correct 'choice' might be the only problem - or one of size.  Please try again. Good to hear from the other side of the World. Keep up the good work.

Offline SCLoyalist

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 07:31:17 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm on a gov. computer, so my choices are limited. I'll be home mid Oct. I'll repost my pic then.

An alternative, if you happen to have your avatar in use on another website, like muzzleloader mag's campfire, would be to right click on your avatar on muzzleloadermag,  write down or copy its whole URL, and then go onto ALR, modify your profile, and for avatar enter the copied URL . 

Jes' a thought, and they're so rare these days for me, I thunk I ought to share it.

SCL