Author Topic: Does Anyone Else Sell Muzzle Loaders Like TOTW?  (Read 2828 times)

Offline tippit

Does Anyone Else Sell Muzzle Loaders Like TOTW?
« on: August 10, 2020, 09:57:32 PM »
In my search for a quality small caliber Hawken, I have noticed some nice custom rifles from TOTW.  Are there other place to search? My Brant Selb .54 Hawken that I bought here a couple of years ago was originally purchased off TOTW...tippit

Offline Jim Chambers

Re: Does Anyone Else Sell Muzzle Loaders Like TOTW?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 06:09:00 PM »
I don't have any Hawken rifles, but I do have 30 extremely nice Kentucky/Pennsylvania style rifle made by some of the very top builders like Allen Martin, George Suiter, Bob Harn, Jud Brennan, Allen Sandy, Mike Gahagan, Brian LaMaster, Monte Mandarino, and many other.  These are all from the Bob Roughton estate and are priced very reasonably.

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 06:32:54 PM »
Dixon’s shop has quite an inventory of contemporary guns but Hawken rifles are a bit rare in that locale. Worth a call though. At least you’d get to talk to some nice folks.
Andover, Vermont

Offline Kevin

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 03:44:25 AM »
Greetings All,

Fort Chambers Black Powder Gun Shop typically has an assortment of custom guns for sale in the shop.  Worth a phone call or email to see if they might have some like you are looking for.  Contact info is on their webpage at:

Fort Chambers Inc.
https://fortchambers.com/httpdocs/

Best wishes in your search,
Kevin

Offline AsMs

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 05:02:52 AM »
Try Clay Smith,  he sells on consignment.

AsMs

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 05:28:29 AM »
Well I went to look to see if DGW still did that.  I see they still do. They don't have a lot but one of the flint long-guns is a Bob Roller.  I didn't look at any other categories (They're listed under Antiques, Contemporary)
Hold to the Wind

Offline madmtmike

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 04:15:59 PM »
You might also try Collectors Firearms website.
Located in Houston but huge inventory.
Good luck.

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 05:07:45 PM »
The Gun Works in Springfield, Oregon. Literally hundreds of new, used and custom muzzleloaders.
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 10:51:01 PM »
Well I went to look to see if DGW still did that.  I see they still do. They don't have a lot but one of the flint long-guns is a Bob Roller.  I didn't look at any other categories (They're listed under Antiques, Contemporary)

That flintlock rifle was a semi finished project started by?? and finished by me.
It has the last Ketland lock I ever made.The style has a bit of Swiss influence
and this will be a good hunting rifle.I shot it about 20 times and it shoots really
well and with a sharp flint the lock will fire like a caplock.I wish I had kept it but
money was needed to get our daughter in law here from the Philippines so it got
sold along with a breech loader.It is not a high art gun but certainly a good hunting
rifle.Finished in 2008.

Bob Roller

Online t.caster

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2020, 04:40:58 PM »
A recent MUZZLELOADER magazine feature article on the Log Cabin Shop, says they have some custom built contemporary weapons on consignment for sale, along with a large selection of antiques (mostly percussion). Never been there myself though so don't know specifics.
Tom C.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 05:26:46 PM »
A recent MUZZLELOADER magazine feature article on the Log Cabin Shop, says they have some custom built contemporary weapons on consignment for sale, along with a large selection of antiques (mostly percussion). Never been there myself though so don't know specifics.

A good article on a straight up shop that's been there for 80 years.
Wes Kindig was the founder and it was he that talked me into making
double set triggers.I never knew a more honest man than
 Wes and
could send anything to him with the "swindle sheet"as he called the
bill and a few days later a check would arrive in full.
Bob Roller
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 02:55:11 AM by Bob Roller »

galudwig

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 05:59:00 AM »

I second that! Here's a link to Log Cabin's "Used Firearms" section on their website:

https://www.logcabinshop.com/oc30/index.php/?route=product/category&path=183_208

I check their site regularly. Liza Kindig has been getting some really nice consignment guns in there in the last few years. I picked up an early Ian Pratt rifle from them about a year and a half ago!  Several nice pieces from well respected builders on their site right now.