Author Topic: Finished my "Frontier" made parts rifle.  (Read 8226 times)

Offline Marcruger

Re: Finished my "Frontier" made parts rifle.
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2020, 10:34:00 PM »
You are going from one tour-de-force to the next. 

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2020, 10:43:15 PM »
That is really something to drool over.  I would dearly love to own that rifle!
Let er rip tater chip! Everything has a price!!! Ol’ Brian can stop that drooling right away!
Stop Marxism in America

Offline electricfactory

• Starting Member
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2020, 01:39:05 AM »
Wow, simply beautiful. I mean it, I like everything about the rifle.

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2020, 01:54:50 AM »
Heck Yeah!!!!!

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2020, 11:21:00 PM »
This gun is for sale y’all! At a reasonable price too! Check the CLA classifieds.
Stop Marxism in America

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2021, 08:27:27 AM »
The confidence to build such a stunning rifle and then carve "LIBERTY" in the stock like someone would have in 1700s with their pocket knife is inspirational. This is a real jaw dropper.   

Offline Notchy Bob

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2021, 05:20:41 AM »
Outstanding work!  I'll have to join the crowd of folks who appreciate the engraving on that sideplate.  Love it!

I don't see many rifles with the band around the forend rather than a nosecap.  I understand those can be tricky to install.  It's a nice feature.

Notchy Bob
"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us.  Should have rode horses.  Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2021, 12:54:44 PM »
I keep going back and admiring this rifle. Someone is going to get an awfully beautiful rifle by an outstanding maker for a very good price. This is a classic piece of work.
Bob
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:58:57 PM by BOB HILL »
South Carolina Lowcountry

Offline Panzerschwein

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2021, 08:34:11 AM »
“Oy! Now that Sheila’s a beaut, mate!”

-Steve Irwin

Offline alacran

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2021, 02:58:17 PM »
I usually don't care for rifles that have been "Patinated" but as Taylor mentions every thing is understated on this rifle. It looks used but not beat up.  I must admit it is an admirable rifle.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline moseswhite

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2021, 07:24:35 AM »
Very nice looking rifle !

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2021, 08:30:50 AM »
It looks even better in person!  ;D

What an outstanding rifle and a great guy to deal with.

It exhibits the finest level of craftsmanship throughout, points naturally, handles like a dream, and fits me like a glove. It is fun to just pick up, it feels so alive and warm. I'm looking forward to many years of filling my freezer up with this fine rifle at my side.

Brian is a very friendly and down to Earth person, answering all of my questions and taking the time to just talk about stuff, it was a real pleasure doing business with him and I plan on doing it again in the future. I noticed he has a new rifle listed on the CLA, it would be a great deal for someone wanting a superb rifle.     
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 08:42:16 AM by Frozen Run »

Offline Stillwater Dan

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2021, 11:21:41 PM »
I love this rifle . Looks so authentic and original but yet new , is that possible ?  Seriously , beautiful job . I'm just getting started down this road of flintlocks and every time I think I know what style of rifle I like , well I think I just want them all .

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2021, 02:08:12 AM »
No not me with a rifle for sale on the CLA. I don't see one of mine but not everything shows up on my computer that is on the CLA site for some reason.

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2021, 08:03:41 PM »
I'm just getting started down this road of flintlocks and every time I think I know what style of rifle I like , well I think I just want them all .

I know the feeling, just be patient and save your money, you'll know what the right rifle is for you when you see it.

Offline ScottH

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2021, 09:54:32 PM »
This rifle does not appear to have an entry pipe for the ram rod. Is that correct or is it that I just can't see one?
It is a wonderful piece of work, I like everything about it.

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2021, 06:10:42 AM »
This rifle does not appear to have an entry pipe for the ram rod. Is that correct or is it that I just can't see one?

It does not have an entry pipe, which I really love as it works both from a historically thematic standpoint as well it being aesthetically pleasing within the overall composition.

It is a wonderful piece of work, I like everything about it.

I love everything about it, I am honored to own it. The more I handle it the more nice little details I'm discovering, Brian put a tremendous amount of thought and care into building this rifle.   

Offline Pukka Bundook

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2021, 07:01:32 AM »
I started reading this thread on page 2, and had to go back see what all the fuss was about!
What a grand and lively rifle!  Love it.
Love the little critters  on the sideplate;  It takes some to get the life and bounce into them.   
If they aren't half cartoon, they aren't right. I love them!
 Good work all the way through!!
Even Liberty seems so right on this rifle. So very Believable!!

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2021, 03:57:02 AM »
Really great rifle Brian, I love everything about it from the style to the color and fit and finish. I bet it is a pleasure to hold and shoot.

Jim
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2021, 08:21:43 PM »
I bet it is a pleasure to hold and shoot.

Three weeks in and I'm still grinning! I take it out and people stop whatever they're doing to come over and admire it, they give nothing but praise for Brian and the work he did on it. I have never been happier with a purchase in my entire life.

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2021, 05:26:04 AM »
I'm glad you are really enjoying the rifle. Have you shot it yet?

Offline moseswhite

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2021, 06:53:53 AM »
Very Nice !!

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2021, 12:11:53 PM »
I am completely in love with it, thank you again! Unfortunately, no, I've been extremely busy and haven't shot it yet. Except for dry firing, frizzen down with flint installed naturally, smooth and clean pull, crisp and fast action. Outstanding. I've been bringing it down as a study piece to the gun building classes I attend and everyone there loves seeing and handling it as well. Things are starting to wind down though so I'm looking forward to getting back out there and doing some shooting next week. I'll give you guys an update when I do.     

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2021, 03:35:00 AM »
I finally got a free day where the weather didn't conspire against me and took it out shooting today! Wow, it shoots even better than it looks! What a fun rifle to shoot, I'm still working up a load for it but I anticipate it'll regularly shoot clovers if I do my part. The other cool thing was introducing a young couple who were at the range with their cap and balls to their first time shooting a flintlock rifle, they both seemed to really enjoy it which is encouraging to see.  And another guy who just got into muzzleloading recently after watching The Revenant, he got himself a nice production muzzleloader and The Gunsmith of Grenville County and wants to give building one a go. I let him shoot it as well to see what is possible with enough experience building them. A great time was had by all.

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2021, 10:23:38 PM »
Glad it's shooting well for you. Good to hear of others getting interested in them too.