Author Topic: George Washington's wallet  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Nordnecker

George Washington's wallet
« on: August 26, 2020, 02:14:18 PM »
The TV show "Strange Inheritance" featured a wallet that was owned By George Washington. Of course the show hilighted the story of the wallet more than construction details of it. It had an interresting brass clasp that was engraved with "G. W." and a date.
I wonder if any of you are familiar with this item?
I'd like to see it in more detail.
Thanks.
"I can no longer stand back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids."- Gen Jack T. Ripper

Offline JohnnyFM

Re: George Washington's wallet
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 06:17:18 PM »
For the rest of us, here’s the YouTube link to the episode:

There are several more excerpts from this TV show regarding the wallet.  As Nordnecker stated, not detailed at all on the things we as a group, would be interested in seeing regarding construction, etc but a hint is given by the appraiser that it was made by a bookbinding shoppe in England with marblized end papers used as a lining and certainly implies very fine stitching and very fine thin leather.

I intended to copy more photos but those available on the internet are copyrighted by the same appraiser in the program so, y’all just gonna have to search for yourself.

It is on display at the Old Barracks in Trenton NJ
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:35:54 PM by JohnnyFM »