Author Topic: Raw cow horns  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Not English

Raw cow horns
« on: September 03, 2020, 04:21:37 AM »
Hey All,

With the current shut down of gatherings and rendezvous, does anyone any recommendations where to pick up horn or 2.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: Raw cow horns
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 03:15:50 PM »

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 08:00:32 PM »
Village Restorations is working on putting in another order and possibly distributing at regional sites.  Let them know your needs.

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 12:58:43 AM »
The last horn I bought came from Ron Hess (rjhess1976@plantationcable.net) when he was at Jim (Bama) Parker's AL-KY Rifle Show in January. That was pre-COVID but Ron had a nice selection and is a pleasure to do business with.
http://www.contemporarylongriflefoundation.org/fundraising/2018-fundraising/powder-horn-by-ron-hess/

Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline Not English

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 08:09:27 PM »
Thanks guys for the responses. I've contacted Village restorations and will be contacting the rest shortly.

Offline bigsmoke

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 06:42:44 PM »
I would talk with Gerry at Powder Horns and More.  He has a website, amazingly called www.powderhornsandmore.com  He's a good guy and always has a good supply of horns.  Sure hope he doesn't prove me wrong on that.

John (Bigsmoke)