Author Topic: Interest in classes  (Read 1178 times)

Offline B.Barker

Interest in classes
« on: September 15, 2020, 08:28:46 PM »
Looking to see how many folks may be interested in taking a class at my place. I may do more than one kind of class but will wait and see how the first one goes if it happens. I live in central Kentucky near Danville. My first class will be a folding knife like I have been doing for a couple of years at another location. I would limit my classes to three or four people so they would be rather small. I may add forging rifle hardware and/or a poll axe class at later dates. I'm looking at doing the classes in May, September or early October. Price would be around $300.00 for a three day class and I would supply materials and some tools. Participants would get a tool list that they need before class.

Offline snapper

Re: Interest in classes
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 08:50:23 PM »
I noticed that Connors Prairie had a axe class.   I would like to take either knife or axe.   Not sure if I would take the time to go to one yet however.

I think the price of these classes are cheap.

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 04:09:32 AM »
Snapper it may be on the low side and I may raise the price after the first class. I've never tried to do a class on my own so I'm sure the first class if it happens will be a real learning experience.

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 05:28:33 AM »
Brian, you already know I’m interested in a folding knife class, and maybe things will be settled down enough by May.  I’d also be interested in any forging classes you might put together...I need more learnin’...

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 04:21:09 PM »
"B" always been a fan of your work and the folders have always interested me. Right now May would be my preference. Are there places to stay and eat close by? Ya know food is high on my list of priorities :)

Tim

Offline GA Turner

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 05:16:02 PM »
Brian
I would attend the knife class. I think your time is more valuable than $100 per day
Ron Hess

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 05:38:39 AM »
Danville is about fourteen miles away with hotels and plenty of eateries.
Ron thanks for the kind words.