Author Topic: Light GREEN Teflon ticking?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Dave R

Light GREEN Teflon ticking?
« on: August 29, 2020, 04:50:05 AM »
I have a few yards of .017"-.018" light green teflon ticking with very tight off white-cream weave without a pattern . Does anyone remember who made this?
THANKS!

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
Re: Light GREEN Teflon ticking?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 05:21:55 AM »
Sounds like Minuteman stuff.
In His grip,

Dane

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 05:43:36 PM »
Yes.  I agree.  The Minute-Men I believe is how they spell it.  I have not been able to reach them, but have left messages on their answering machine.  It says The Minute-Men when it picks up.  I use their untreated canvas now.  Incredibly great patch material. 

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 06:11:23 PM »
I'm not sure Jerry still has the Minute Me open. I seem to recall he lost his son some time back and then he had some medical problems.perhaps someone else has better info.
Mark

Offline DGB

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 01:27:00 AM »
Google "Sunforger Canvas" That is what my teflon patching is marked.
Bought from Minute-Men several years ago.

Regards,
DGB

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 04:13:01 AM »
Now THAT is the way to make a good impression when new to a forum.  Thank you so much DGB.  I have been wondering where they were getting their canvas.  Best wishes,  Marc

Offline alacran

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 03:06:04 PM »
Sunforger is not a brand of canvas it is the treatment that it is applied to it. It is usually marked on the selvage of the canvas. It is marked to differentiate it with the untreated canvas. I used to use Texas patching Teflon treated canvas. It was also marked Sunforger on the selvage.  When Texas patching became unavailable. I tried the minuteman patching in .020 and .015. The weave of the two different brands was totally different in regards to tightness and pliability.

I have since stopped using Teflon patching. I have found that pocket drill, denim. and some untreated canvas works just as well with the proper lube.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 01:24:22 PM »
I called Bob Hite who now runs The Minutemen. Took a couple of days and he returned my call. No Teflon now but is expecting to have some in about a month.
Mark