Author Topic: Lee molds?  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Brokennock

Lee molds?
« on: October 04, 2020, 03:57:26 AM »
I have now seen posted here on this forum and on another forum that Lee round ball molds are out of production. Anyone have any info on this, confirmation as fact?
I do see that they are all out of stock on everything.
A few months ago I got tired of waiting for their. 595 mold to come back in stock at Track of The Wolf and wrote Lee an email. I inquired if it would be faster to order straight from Lee. They said I would have to order it from Track and that they were planning to restock them "soon."
I placed the item on backorder with Track. I've gotten reminder notices that I have the item backordered and that they haven't forgotten.
Now I'm reading this rumor.

Anyone know more?

Offline walks with gun

Re: Lee molds?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 06:28:55 AM »
   I find a lot of the Lee roundball molds on eBay, hope this helps.

Offline Scota4570

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 04:43:03 AM »
Lee has them in stock.  They sell direct.  Call them.

https://leeprecision.com/bullet-casting/black-powder-molds/round-ball-mold/

Offline Brokennock

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 10:05:33 AM »
Lee has them in stock.  They sell direct.  Call them.

https://leeprecision.com/bullet-casting/black-powder-molds/round-ball-mold/

Funny, I don't see any round ball molds listed as "in stock" there. They all say "notify me when in stock." And they only list the .595 under their links to Track of The Wolf.

Offline Kevin

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 03:45:05 PM »
Greetings Everyone,

I too am interested in picking up a couple of Lee moulds.  I just spotted the below info on the homepage of their website:

"Lee Precision's order volume has dramatically increased, and we are working overtime and weekends to keep up with the demand.

You can help by not calling to place product orders. Our website shows real-time stock availability, if a product shows out of stock, that product has been allocated to pending distributor and dealer orders. Please reach out to one of our distributors or dealers for the quickest way to obtain our products by placing an order/backorder."

Kevin

Offline Jerry

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 10:26:10 PM »
I tried for some time to locate a Lee RB mould. I finally gave up and ordered a JT mould and sprue cutting pliers. I am very happy with the Tanner moulds. I feel that Tanner’s brass moulds hold the heat better than aluminum moulds. Jerry

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 01:57:08 AM »
I recently purchased two Lee roundball molds from Midway.
Mike Lee

Offline Daryl

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 11:37:08 PM »
I use a couple different pairs of wire strippers for trimming the sprues on my Tanner molded balls.
Grip the base of the sprue at the ball's surface, then twist the ball and the sprue comes right off, leaving
(usually) a perfectly round ball without any protrusion. Some practice helps.  Sometimes there is a tiny
little pointed sprue, that is easily tapped down with the jaws of the wire stripper. One tap and done.
These Tanner balls are nice as they can be loaded any-which-i-way. No sprue to orient.

Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Brokennock

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 05:45:55 AM »
Yesterday finally recieved an email from Track Of The Wolf that these .595 molds are back in stock and back orders should be getting filled.
A follow up email to my response stated my order is filled and on the way, but I received no shipping notice or tracking info, so, we shall see.

I didn't look to see what else came in for Lee mold stock, but if you need one of these you'd probably better jump on it.