Author Topic: Inexpensive COČ dry ball unloader  (Read 4580 times)

Ron T.

Inexpensive COČ dry ball unloader
« on: August 21, 2009, 05:23:17 PM »
Here's a link to RMCSPORTS.com:

http://rmcoxyoke.com/catalog.htm

Look on the left, click on "Special Close-Outs" (all the way to the bottom of the column) and look at the products shown.

They are offering the EC Unloader (COČ) 16 gram "gun" for only $10 on "close-out" which includes a flintlock adaptor and one 16 gram COČ cartridge (unthreaded)... and they are offering the 16 gram cartridges for only 99ą each and so, I bought the EC Unloader and 10 extra COČ cartridges for a total of $20... a great deal!

So far, I've used the first cartridge 3 times and it has worked perfectly... and I've gotten a LOT of gratitude from the fellas on whose guns I've used them.

BTW, one of the rifles was a percussion capper... and my flintlock adaptor worked just fine on it as well as on the flintlock rifles.

I'm hoping that if I ever need any more COČ cylinders, I will be able to put a block of wood (or something) inside the COČ Unloader and sit a 12 gram cartridge that Wally World sells cheap in place of the 16 gram cartridge, but that may never come to pass since the 16 gram cartridges seem to be readily available and the new, replacement EC Unloader also uses 16 gram COČ cartridges.

Jus' my 2ą...   :)

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 05:36:22 PM by Ron T. »

Offline SCLoyalist

Re: Inexpensive COČ dry ball unloader
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 06:57:04 PM »
Everybody ought to have one.  Not many club shoots go by that somebody's CO2 discharger doesn't get used to help the owner or a fellow club member.   There have been a few times when a flinter wouldn't respond to the gas blast, but when it does work, it sure beats trying to screw a ball puller into a tightly patched ball.

erdillonjr

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 09:44:58 PM »
Thanks for the info Ron. I ordered one. Ed

roundball

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 10:30:57 PM »
I already had one identical to it...bought it from October Country I think...seems like it was at LEAST that much and THEN I had to buy the Flint adapter separately for another $10. 
But noting that this one at RMC was the same unit...and already had a Flint adapter with it...I also ordered one from RMC to have a spare.

In trying to figure out why RMC was selling these at such a reduced price I noticed something on the blisterpac printing...it says it takes standard size 12g cylinders.
Yet the cylinder that comes packaged with it is clearly the large 16g size cylinder...and I compared my existing 16g cylinders to it and they're the same.

So I wonder if they're purging the inventory of those blisterpacs with the incorrect printing on them...dunno

Ron T.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 01:58:44 PM »
You're welcome, Ed...  ;)

Hard to say, Roundball... but ya can't beat the price, regardless of their reason(s) for discounting it so drastically, eh?   ;D

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »
Ron,
Are you saying that the "discharger" is made for percussion and comes with a flint adapter?
Mark
Mark

Ron T.

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 05:57:03 AM »
Mark...

No... the COČ "gun" will work on either a flintlock or a percussion cap rifle depending on which adapter is used.  However, I found my flintlock adapter also worked on a cap lock rifle.

The COČ "gun" came with one 16 gram cylinder of gas plus a flintlock adapter.  However, I used it on a fella's percussion cap flash-hole and it "unloaded" his ball and powder disks as well.  I found it fit tightly in his flash-hole when I pushed the flintlock adapter all the way into his flash-hole.

So it works for BOTH percussion cap and flintlock rifles... and all for 10 bucks!  Not a "bad deal", eh?    ;)

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:01:47 AM by Ron T. »