Author Topic: Informing you all  (Read 4325 times)

MAC57

Informing you all
« on: November 04, 2020, 08:28:58 PM »
Hi all. My name is Amanda, I am MAC57's (Mark Critchlow) daughter. I am here to inform you all, that my Dad suddenly passed away on Friday October 30th. He always talked about how much he enjoyed this Forum. He was an avid gun collector and loved building his long rifles. My mother, my boyfriend and I want to keep his tradition alive by learning his favorite past time. I'm just wondering if it's ok that we stay on this page for future questions? I'm sure we'll have plenty. Thank you all for being a part of his life as he enjoyed reading and talking to everyone here.

Sincerely,
Amanda
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 07:05:42 PM by MAC57 »

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
Re: Informing you all
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 08:44:19 PM »
Amanda we will all be sorry about your dad and I think you will soon find out why your dad loved this forum. Are hearts and prayers are with you and your family. You will be welcomed here anytime.

Jim Parker
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 08:44:25 PM »
Please accept my condolences - I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your dad but I'm sure that your family will find yourselves extremely welcome here.  Everyone here not only loves to yap about "old" blackpowder arms and such, but also there are many here who are exceptional teachers and love to help anyone who expresses and interest or curiosity.  Again, so sorry to hear about your dad.
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 08:51:25 PM »
My condolences as well.  I searched all of Mark's postings and didn't come up with a last name.  Could that be provided?
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Dave Marsh

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 09:08:37 PM »
Sorry to hear about yur dad.  May he rest in peace.
"Those who give up freedom for security deserve neither freedom nor security."
~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline J. Talbert

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 09:33:12 PM »
My sincere condolences on your Dad’s passing.  I feel sure you will find this forum quite welcoming and helpful.  Hope you enjoy your time spent here.

Best wishes,
Jeff
There are no solutions.  There are only trade-offs.”
Thomas Sowell

Online rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 09:46:27 PM »
I’m thankful your dad enjoyed being part of this community. He must have been a great dad to have a daughter who wants to carry on some of his interests like this. Praying for peace, comfort, and hope.
Andover, Vermont

Offline ScottH

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 09:49:10 PM »
Sincere Condolences
Hope you stick around.

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 10:10:10 PM »
Sincerest condolences from me,too. I would hope my children would want to follow this forum/lifestyle. Heartfelt prayers to all y'all/ Dave Fortner

Offline Eric Smith

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 11:28:53 PM »
So very sorry for your loss. The loss of a parent is not an easy thing. It is actually one of the hardest things we face in life. May God bless you and your family with peace of mind and heart.
Eric Smith

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 11:31:03 PM »
 Very sorry for your loss. You are certainly welcome to use your Dad's account to ask any questions ya'll may have. If you don't already know if you click on his username you will see a block on the left with "Show Posts". If you click it it will show the posts he made here.

Tim C.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 01:57:16 AM by Tim Crosby »

Online Bob Roller

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 11:40:17 PM »
all comfort and condolences to you.I have for the last two years been helping another Amanda
who needed help in American history.You and the boy friend and mom are certainly welcome
here and remember,the only dumb question is the one that was never asked.You ARE among FRIENDS
here for sure.
Bob Roller

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2020, 01:45:14 AM »
Amanda,
Very sorry to hear of your dad's death, I am glad that he enjoyed our forum, great group of members her and you, your boy friend and family are welcome to use your dad's user-id.

May all that mourn your dad's death find God's peace.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline P.Bigham

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2020, 01:55:34 AM »
Amanda sorry for your loss.  This is like family here.
" not all who wander are lost"

Offline Maven

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2020, 02:16:34 AM »
Very sorry for your loss, Amanda.
Paul W. Brasky

Offline sz

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2020, 02:23:44 AM »
I am so sorry to hear that news.  You are certainly welcome to keep his page alive and please feel free to ask and engage at any time.  PMs are welcome too.
May God give you peace and be your guide.

Offline A.Merrill

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 03:15:21 AM »
Sorry to hear this, God bless.    Al
Alan K. Merrill

Offline 577SXS

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 03:18:58 AM »
It's hard to lose a parent. Know that memories keep them close.

Offline grouse

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 03:29:16 AM »
May he rest in peace.

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2020, 03:31:59 AM »
  Amanda very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. You an your family are always welcomed here. Prayers to you an your family.
  Oldtravler

Offline Daryl

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2020, 03:52:16 AM »
Amanda, so sad to hear of your Dad's passing.  So hard to bear. Our warmest thoughts and wishes for you, your Mom, boyfriend, those you love. :'(
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline old george

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2020, 06:19:51 AM »
Amanda, please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of your father. May he sleep forever in the arms of the lord.

Geo. Dailey
I cannot go to Hades: Satan has a restraining order against me. :)

Offline Dave B

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2020, 07:53:04 AM »
Amanda, I am sorry to hear of your loss and deepest sympathy for you and your family. I want to let you know that what your Dad had to share was something very special to all of us in this community and in many ways helped us along the path we walk.  To carry on the tradition of our passion for the long-rifles is one of the things that brings us here and is important to all of us. You father will be missed as a contributing member of the ALR community.

Kindest Regards

David Blaisdell  AKA Dave B
Dave Blaisdell

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2020, 10:36:42 AM »
Sorry to hear of your family’s loss. Y’all are in our prayers. I hope you will carry on your father’s love for these guns. I know he will be very proud. You and yours are always welcome here.
Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry

Offline GANGGREEN

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2020, 02:57:33 PM »
My condolences to you and your family.  Your desire to learn about your dad's hobby and passion is a tremendous tribute and God bless him for passing it along.  I've left information and instructions about each of the rifles and fowlers that I'll one day pass to my sons and I pray that they're as sincere in their desire to hold on to memories of me as you are to cherish memories of your own dad.