Author Topic: The Nord Miller ALR Library  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
The Nord Miller ALR Library
« on: November 10, 2020, 01:44:43 AM »
The Nord Miller Memorial ALR Library

I am happy to be back in the world of Kentucky Longrifles and wish to continue adding to the ALR Library exhibits….probably still the most extensive resource of rifle details  available to all,  to complement and to enhance the excellent written publications in the field.

Before I commit to this effort, I would like to have a sense of its value to others as well as whether this renewed effort will be supported by the membership. If you are willing to offer pictures of your rifle/rifles to add to the Library, please email me with a “YES” and the NUMBER of rifles you will, over time,  offer pictures of for exhibition.

Hurricane
fgarner@verizon.net

Offline GrampaJack

Re: The Nord Miller ALR Library
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 02:55:53 AM »
PM Sent,  Thanks, Jack
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 03:01:38 AM by GrampaJack »

Online scottmc

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 02:15:57 AM »
Hurricane, I'm a nobody as far as this site is concerned and I only own 2 southern originals, one (William Douglas)of which is already in the library and was put there prior to me owning it.  However, if I had others, I would gladly submit them for inclusion as I strongly feel the library is a priceless feature of this forum.  I would love to see more SMR's but currently there are only a few listed.  For builders that dont have access to originals (such as myself), the library is worth its weight in gold.  Just my opinion.
Remember Paoli!

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 05:06:13 AM »
Hi Fred,

The library is a wonderful resource and I visit often.  Thanks for all your efforts to create it and keep it going.  I do not currently own any antique guns, but I have permission of the owner to share pictures of an original Franklin County, KY rifle (Lexington School).  I think it would make a fine addition to the library.

-Ron
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline Longknife

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 09:34:10 PM »
I often go to the ALR library when researching pieces. It is a treasure!! I have a couple of rifles I would offer to the museum , nothing fancy but interesting,,, Ed
Ed Hamberg