Author Topic: Mike Brooks 40 cal southern iron mounted rifle for sale  (Read 1802 times)

Offline wattlebuster

Mike Brooks 40 cal southern iron mounted rifle for sale
« on: November 22, 2020, 02:40:43 AM »
I have for sale a Mike Brooks southern iron mounted 40 cal rifle for sale. This is Mikes 343rd gun. Its been hunted with an of course shot in the back yard. Its taken quite a few tree rats since I have had it. Its got normal wear but no more. The barrel is a Aweight  38 inch round bottom rifle made by Charles Burton. Charles coned the barrel when he made it so it loads very easy. The lock is a Chambers round faced english. The stock is walnut. The furniture is from track of the wolf. I think Mike made the sideplate but im not sure about that. Its carved and engraved but not overly done. Its very light an thin an just a small dainty rifle from one of the top builders in the country as far as im concerned. Mike is no longer taking orders or so I have heard. Price is 3500.00 an I will ship and insure in a wooden crate in the lower 48. Payment is USPS money order or paypal friend or family.  Excuse the pictures. Im a redneck not a photographer. This sale is for rifle only sling, bag, an horn is not included. Thanks.

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: Mike Brooks 40 cal southern iron mounted rifle for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 05:50:37 PM »
Classic Brooks style. One of my "Faber-esque" rifles.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Frank Barker

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 10:10:10 PM »
Does that Frank Barker pouch go with it....  :D
Kind Regards
F. Barker

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 06:14:28 PM »
Nothing but the rifle Frank, I will throw in the air thats in the barrel though
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning