Author Topic: FYI...... Gun Socks asked about at the CLA show  (Read 2360 times)

Birddog6

FYI...... Gun Socks asked about at the CLA show
« on: August 27, 2009, 04:42:27 AM »
I had about 15 guys ask me about the Indian Blanket/Elkhide gunsocks I had my rifles in at the CLA show.  I didn't have this info with me at the time, so looked it up today & also called & asked the gent if it was OK to post the information, so here it is.  This is just FYI, I am not involved in them other than I use the gun socks  myself.   :)  These are gun socks, not heavy padded cases.

Cottonwood Cottage Muzzleloading Supply
Tom & Mary Ewing
Rt. 3,  Box 17A
Oberlin, KS  67749
Tel (785) 475-3268

Email:    cottonwood@networksplus.net

Here are what some of them look like.  Blankets vary in color as he has to get what he can at the time they make them. Elkhide is also dif at times.  He will make them any length you want. I usually get 60", 66" and 70" as I want it to fold over the butt & tie down.  He also told me he just got in some heavy wool blankets & will be making some with that as well. I had 2 heavy ones made a couple years ago & they are really nice.  Now the heavy ones cost more cause the blankets cost allot more, but they are very nice & made to size ya want.  I think he sells other types of just blankets as well.  Don't know what else he sells, you will have to ask him.  He is a very nice guy to deal with.

He is out of both of these colors, but this will give you an idea of what they look like.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 02:30:26 PM by Birddog6 »