Author Topic: Loss of a true Gentlemen and fellow collector  (Read 1740 times)

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
Loss of a true Gentlemen and fellow collector
« on: December 23, 2020, 07:02:02 AM »
Today we lost a friend, Wayne Elliott. Wayne went to join the angels and sing with the heavenly host as we get ready to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I can see his smile and the glint in his eye as he raises his voice in praise. Goodby my brother, until we meet again.

Wayne was one of the most gracious collectors of our beloved Longrifles. He loved the southern rifles especially those by Wiley Higgins. A few years ago at the annual KRA meeting Wayne had one of the best displays I have had the pleasure of seeing of his Higgins rifles and the Higgins family. It was fabulous, I am glad now that I made a point to tell him how much I enjoyed his display.

I was very honored when Wayne asked me to do some restoration work on one of his beloved Higgins rifles. To be sure I wanted to do my best work, not because I was working on a Wiley Higgins rifle but because I was so honored that Wayne asked me to do the work. Ever gracious with his smile and with the hand of friendship, a true Southern Gentlemen.

I was looking forward to seeing Wayne and Boo at my show this coming January. He had already reserved his tables and I couldn’t wait to see what he was going to display. It is sad that Wayne will not be there in body but he will be there in Spirit. A tribute to Wayne will be set up in his remembrance.  I would like to offer to anyone who will be attending the show if they have something to display as a tribute to Wayne please contact me and I will make sure to make the space available. Let’s honor our brother.

To Boo and the family our Love and our Prayers go out to you.

Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline mbriggs

• member 2
Re: Loss of a true Gentlemen and fellow collector
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 07:23:06 AM »
Wayne was a great friend and a great gentleman.  He had a passionate love for southern longrifles.   He will be missed by many of us.

Michael
C. Michael Briggs

Offline Sequatchie Rifle

• Global Moderator
  • F. & A.M. Helion #1; 3rd SFG(ABN)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 07:26:18 AM »
What a terrible loss. He was a true Southern Gentleman.
"We fight not for glory, nor riches nor honors, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.” Declaration of Arbroath, 1320

Offline j. pease

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 03:29:41 PM »
I was sorry to hear. Have had great discussions with Wayne at the CLA and KRA. Always shared his knowledge. Enjoyed seeinf him at various shows. I have acquired several rifles from him. Greatly missed

Offline Rajin cajun

• Ragin Cajun
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 03:31:39 PM »
Wayne was a friend to everyone he met. It didn’t matter if you had collected for fifty years or was at your first Kentucky Rifle show, Wayne treated everyone with respect .
He loved his Georgia rifles, and his collection contained the very best of them.
Wayne and his lovely wife Boo were a fixture at all shows, you would always see those two going from table to table telling everyone hello.
Wayne and Boo represented the KRA and Kentucky Rifle collectors many times
and shared their collection, at local shows and at the national level. You could not have found a better couple to represent our collecting fraternity !
I speak not only for myself but for the entire South Louisiana contingents of Ky. Collectors, Wayne will be missed but never forgotten. We were Blessed in knowing him and and being able to call him Friend!
Our sympathies go out to Boo and the entire family.
May he Rest In Peace .

Bob Melancon

Bob Melancon
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog !

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 07:09:53 PM »
Sorry to hear that.
I only had the chance to meet him a few times, but he seemed a fine and genuine person.
Rest in Peace
John
John Robbins

Offline 1sogdusm

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 07:20:14 PM »
Wayne was an incredible man, his friendship and vast knowledge will be greatly missed.  Rest In Peace my friend, you deserve all the greatness that heaven has to offer.

Offline mr. no gold

• member 2
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 08:05:09 PM »
Sorry to hear of Wayne's passing as he was a fine fellow and a true gentleman. He was a strong supporter of collecting and collector activities and his presence is going to be missed at the shows and collector circles. Condolences to his family!
Dick

Offline Buck

• A.F.A.M. # 934, Trinity Commandry #80
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2020, 12:37:43 PM »
Sorry to hear this as well.

Buck