Author Topic: New Website Up  (Read 6206 times)

Jefferson58

New Website Up
« on: August 28, 2009, 12:50:49 PM »
Hi Folks:

A lot of people ask me about this, so I thought I would let you know that my new website came online yesterday.

Rick Sheets, who runs blackpowder411.com did the site for me. I still have to put more pouches and horns in the galleries. We will also be adding a "For Sale" section in the next week or so with online purchasing.

For now, Google has not "absorbed" it, so it won't show up there. You can reach it by putting the exact address in or clicking this link:

http://www.jeffbibbpouchesandhorns.com/

I think Rick did a great job on it, but I welcome any comments, suggestions, or anything else. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline P.Bigham

Re: New Website Up
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 02:27:28 PM »
 Jeff   Thanks for posting your Web Site. Excellent  photos of your work.
" not all who wander are lost"

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:03:40 PM »
Nice site and work.  Might add pricing information on all items and construction details about your bags.
Andover, Vermont

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:37:03 PM »
Nice site and work.  Might add pricing information on all items and construction details about your bags.

Jeff,
 Good looking site, congratulations on it's primer. Fine work on the the bags and the  horns are outstanding.

Tim C.

Offline Frank Barker

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 10:34:02 PM »
WOW Jeff, I'm excited for you, that is a great site. I will be sure to put that on my favorites. Your work is outstanding and you are a prince of a guy, so keep up the nice work and we will continue to enjoy both your pouches and horns......Frank

smorrison

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 02:24:59 AM »
Nice site Jeff, I got it bookmarked!
Scott M

David G

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 03:10:27 AM »
Hi Jeff, we talked briefly at the CLA Show. I was one of the bald headed guys walking around. :) Thanks for sharing your site with us and keep up the nice work!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 03:11:15 AM by David G »

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 02:00:45 PM »
Jeff, congratulations on getting your web up and running.  I've marked it as one of my favorites and I'll be sure to drop by often.  We met briefly as you were getting your deserving awards at Dixons.  Rick did a great job on the website too!
Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Jefferson58

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »
Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I do appreciate it.

We will be adding some enhancements soon such as enlarged photos, a For Sale section, online checkout, maybe a Special Feature Section, etc.

I don't price everything there since there are so many options in making a pouch for someone. There are base prices for each model, but the options can vary quite a bit.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Offline Joey R

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 05:43:58 AM »
Jeff, Congrats on your new website. I was going to contact you through your site with a question but thought if I did it here others would have an opportunity to chime in. I'm interested in a Lewis&Clark expedition bag. I have tried to research one to no avail. Frank Willis supposedly offers one but I can't get it to download. Just wanted to see what one looks like and what you and others may think. If this is posted in the wrong place I humbly apologize. Thanks.
Joey.....Don’t ever ever ever give up! Winston Churchill

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 06:05:21 AM »
Sparkylock, perhaps this will help and made by Frank Willis.

Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Offline Joey R

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 10:08:41 PM »
Gary, Thanks so much for I now know what Franks interpretation is. I know that Lewis ordered bags but I couldn't find anything on their architecture. I couldn't find anyone else who offered a (historically correct????) piece.

Jefferson58

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 12:25:33 AM »
Thanks for the photo of Frank's pouch Gary. Frank is a friend and great artist who does wonderful work.

Sparkylock, I have a real interest in Jefferson, his expedition, and the accoutrements employed by Lewis and Clark. It is difficult to find accurate information about them however. I have uncovered an interesting powder horn from the Missouri Historical Museum that supposedly was a Lewis and Clark horn, but I have not found much on the rifle pouches. It does make sense though that they would be military issue since the government was behind their expedition. I am sure Frank produces a very accurate pouch if he makes it.

If I get more information, I will pass it on.

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline Rayant

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 03:48:29 AM »
Jeff, nice site, good looking bags and horns.  I'll bookmark it also.  Ray

Offline Joey R

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 04:28:38 AM »
Jeff. I would really appreciate any additional research on the L&C expedition bags. If you come up with any ideas of your own please let me know. Thanks.

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 05:10:18 AM »
Cool site and lots of neat work.  I hope to see more at Conner Prairie.
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 10:17:19 PM »
Jeff
we met at the cla show a few weeks ago. We were talking about your bags and you showed me one that was made from goat skin. I can't remember where you said you ordered your goat from. Could you refresh my memery. Great work by the way, keep it up.

Jefferson58

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 11:44:16 PM »
Thanks for the nice comments. I get my veg. tan goatskin from Siegel of California. They have a website and are very good to deal with. Order over $75.00 and shipping is free.

If you order goat from them, be sure to specify the "older" hides they carry as the newer stuff they are discount $$ blowing out doesn't seem to be as good.

Hope you find some good stuff. They also have excellent veg. tan cowhide sides which I use a lot as well.

Jeff