Author Topic: Beginning Traditional Engraving Class Inbox with Jack Brooks  (Read 787 times)

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
Beginning Traditional Engraving Class Inbox with Jack Brooks
« on: January 21, 2021, 06:30:09 AM »
Jack is teaching a class on Beginning Traditional Engraving.  Below is a description of the class written by Jack.

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Students,
    A few students have requested that I teach a beginning engraving class. So I am pleased to announce a one day engraving class to be held February 20, 2021, here in my studio, 9am to 5pm.  The class will be limited to six students.  The cost will be $250 for eight hours of instruction and will include a lunch thanks to my wife, Pam.
    Students will learn traditional 18th century firearm engraving.  Antique examples will be available to study and copy. Some time will be spent on engraving design.  Some time will be spent hammer chasing, push shading, and wriggle engraving.  Graver heat treating and tool sharpening will also be covered.
     To reserve a place in class, please send a deposit of $50 to:
                   Jack Brooks
                    800 West Oxford Ave
                     Englewood, Colorado
     I am looking forward to working with you on a facet of traditional gun making that I truly enjoy.
             Sincerely, Jack Brooks
Jack Brooks

www.jsbrookslongrifles.com
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing