Author Topic: Renovation  (Read 712 times)

Offline shootrj2003

• Starting Member
Renovation
« on: February 28, 2021, 01:51:19 AM »
Received a fowler from a friend for $50 a few years ago ,and I am gonna renovate her,it was originally an English Fowler / trade gun half stock flintlock,the stock is dry rotted and bad off ,useful as as model though,Phillips is the maker and I have found others of the make online it has Birmingham proofs for around 1830 which I researched a few years ago which I remember dated it about there,I may have to re research it to renew the facts but,it was converted to perc. Which is where I may have gotten that approximate year of USEanyway being about the time percussions began to be used,the bbl is serviceable the breech is out and bore is fair, it is .580 at the muzzle 38 inches long has an underrib w two missing pipes and a small brass ing installed through the underrib ,I believe to serve as a pipe as it would not hold long as a carrying strap anchor being brass.it could have been made around 1800 as I have found a set of flintlock officers pistols made with the same name .I am posting about this on trad. Muzz. Assn. but like to share with other BP guys also but I hope to return her to as close to her original glory as possible and any help is enjoyed.