Author Topic: Covid postal match March 2021 Prize announced!!!!!  (Read 7992 times)

Offline StevenV

Re: Covid postal match March 2021
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2021, 05:00:12 AM »
What do you call "3 target submissions"? I take it as 3 single targets or is it (2 targets) counted as one since the match is 10 shots for a submission. Really not trying to be difficult just want to make sure we are on the same page. Also ties are broken where we shoot by : 1st is hardest target , if shooting an ag, 25,50 and a 100 yds. the 100yd score rules. Since all targets are at the same distance on to the 2nd tie breaker, ball furthest from the center is last. So keep your groups tight. Any way the wind blows is cool by me just want to get on the same page. I must say I love the competition, there are some good shots out there. Wish we were closer , shooting next to good shooters is loads of fun. I would say most who submit here would shoot even better, shooting next to good shooters. Don't under estimate yourself, I find concentration to be the biggest single issue with shooting high scores consistently. Shooting next to good shooters helps that concentration thing. Do any of you shoot much other than 25, how about 50 and 100? I realize most,  not all are in the older eyes stage of life. To shoot really good you have see what your shooting at. That Lyman Eye Pal really clears up the sight pic. Enough ramblings for the night, before I go, @!*% good shooting Taylor.     Steve

Offline Daryl

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2021, 08:02:28 AM »
Hi Steve.
I agree with that shooting with better shooters improves your shooting. Most certainly.  That is why I always try to shoot with Taylor, here, or at rendezvous.  He beings out the
best shooting in people just trying to match his shooting, or to beat him which is so much better. ;D
We have a few targets, gongs/targets in the 10 to 25 yard range, but most are further away.  I would say most, would be in the 55 to 75 yard range, with the longer shots, a large heart, maybe a
foot high, at 92 yards, then a cotton-tail bunny - small little fella at right around 100 along with a turkey and a pail at about the same range, then a duck & square plate at 109yards.  Most of use hit
the long shots but some of the closer shots are more difficult, it seems.
We rarely shoot paper any more, except for load testing or sighting in.  I haven't even papered my .36 or .50 - yet - maybe later this spring.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Daryl

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2021, 08:11:14 AM »
As to the competition, seems to me by what Justin has detailed, the match is comprised of a set of targets that can score 25 ea. or 50/50.
3 sets of targets can be submitted for score, thus there is the possibility of submitting  3 sets of 50 scores ie: 6 targets scoring 25 each. I
sincerely doubt there will be a tie if you get my drift.
Daryl

Offline Justin Urbantas

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2021, 08:34:44 AM »
You can submit 3 sets of targets, or 6 targets total.  I think that measuring the furthest shot from centre is a fair way to break a tie, so all you 50 shooters, make sure you measure your furthest shot.

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2021, 07:28:37 PM »
Shooting out of the question for a few days.  I'm not as tough as our Canadian cousins.   :)

Mike Lee

Offline Daryl

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2021, 10:01:06 PM »
 Ahhh - a light dusting of snow, I see.
Daryl

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2021, 03:42:11 AM »
Ended at about 24".  Not a big deal but nearly the end of the world according to the media.
Mike Lee

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2021, 03:26:47 PM »
We are suffering through a cold snap the last few days. Minus 17 last night, but it should warm up by mid week.  I'll try again then.

Offline Pukka Bundook

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2021, 05:13:06 PM »
Longcruise,

Yep!  LOL.

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2021, 03:05:16 AM »
Today was one of those "Chamber of Commerce" advertising days in the Pacific NW. 60 degree, bright sunshine, and zero wind. Went to the range today to see what I could do with the "Postal Match". The first 2 targets I am submitting for my final score. I shot my 6 targets and these are the 2 best. I score them a 25 & a 23. Not good enough to be considered for a win but for an old man not bad. The 3rd target is the one (even though not being scored) I am the most proud of. Every now and again the good Lord smiles down on this old man with the shakes and lets me shoot well one more time. This is why I don't shoot paper targets in competition any more as I just can't hold the rifle steady enough to be competitive anymore. Target #3 is the best 5 shot target I have shot offhand in a very long time. Brought a smile to this old mans face one more time.
It was a good day to be a "Muskrat"!

"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2021, 05:33:18 AM »
Good shooting Mike.  I shot a bunch just like your last one. ;D ;D ;D
Daryl

Offline alacran

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2021, 05:00:24 PM »
Nice shooting Mike! Just what you consider Old? Are you in your 80s? Old to me has always been anyone 10 years older than myself.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2021, 06:55:05 PM »
No not 80 but remember: "it ain't the age of the truck it's the mileage on the chassis" and this truck has been used hard and neglected!
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2021, 07:51:47 PM »
I find that at my age, 10 years either way doesn't make that much of a difference, like it used to.  And I see fewer and fewer ugly women.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Justin Urbantas

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2021, 06:52:41 PM »
Haha. Excellent shooting Mike. Definitely a solid 48. Great group on that other target as well.

Offline Maven

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2021, 09:21:02 PM »
As the weather today was perfect and the snow 95% gone from our range, I ventured out to try the March Covid Match.  Here are my entries, or rather entry (the target on the left):

Paul W. Brasky

Tom Horn

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2021, 04:43:54 PM »
Shot my Mowrey 36 Squirrel Rifle Saturday.  Nice conditions certainly didn't help my shooting.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2021, 03:29:15 AM »
I'm glad you got out and participated, Tom. Quite a challenging target, eh.
Daryl

Offline Justin Urbantas

Re: Covid postal match March 2021 Prize announced!!!!!
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2021, 03:20:22 AM »
Good shooting so far everyone.  I finally figured out the prize for the shoot this month. Here's a stained glass powder horn for hanging in a window. I just finished this up today.  Shoot well everyone. You have one week left.

Offline Justin Urbantas

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2021, 03:26:28 AM »
Here's a better picture.

Offline alacran

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2021, 04:25:58 PM »
That  is nice Justin. Hopefully we will have some decent weather, in the next week , Been snowing and blowing for the last three days.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline Justin Urbantas

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2021, 09:52:22 AM »
Okay folks. Only two days left to compete. I hope to see some more targets turned in. The weather is getting nicer. Grab your rifle, bag and horn and get outside.

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2021, 04:57:51 AM »
If the weather co operates, I'll try again tomorrow. Haven't shot for a while due to a rather unfortunate
dental mishap.  I somehow managed to split a premolar in half , length wise. Dentist couldn't see me until yesterday [ Covid  >:( protocols etc etc ]   so after 4 + days of unpleasantness , I had a " complicated extraction"  I should be able to tolerate my .40 on my cheek by tomorrow  :)   

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2021, 03:14:02 PM »
If the weather co operates, I'll try again tomorrow. Haven't shot for a while due to a rather unfortunate
dental mishap.  I somehow managed to split a premolar in half , length wise. Dentist couldn't see me until yesterday [ Covid  >:( protocols etc etc ]   so after 4 + days of unpleasantness , I had a " complicated extraction"  I should be able to tolerate my .40 on my cheek by tomorrow  :)

Nope..didn't work out.   Looking forward to April's match. :)

Offline Justin Urbantas

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2021, 08:30:42 PM »
Life happens, Bob. Tooth problems are no joke. I had a broken molar pulled last year. Congratulations  to everyone on some good shooting, and to Taylor on shooting a perfect score on a very tough shoot. Your prize will be on the way soon. It's up to Taylor to figure out the shoot this month.