Author Topic: Show us your Mocs or Shoepacks  (Read 4307 times)

Online bob in the woods

Re: Show us your Mocs or Shoepacks
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2022, 06:56:49 AM »
Here are a couple of my moccasins .  I made them with wrap around tops. Buckskin, with bear grease/beeswax treatment. 

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2022, 09:52:59 AM »
If you are gonna make a pair of mocassins without using the conventional retail packs, try to get your hands on this book;

any of you coyotes figure it'd be worthwhile for an Every-Man-A-Cobbler post on making mocassins?  Or just blowing smoke?

Offline Mike from OK

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2022, 10:38:16 AM »
If you are gonna make a pair of mocassins without using the conventional retail packs, try to get your hands on this book;

any of you coyotes figure it'd be worthwhile for an Every-Man-A-Cobbler post on making mocassins?  Or just blowing smoke?

I would certainly welcome a tutorial... and the chance to pester you with questions afterwards.

Mike

Offline Pierrepont

• Starting Member
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2022, 03:15:11 PM »
Please do -- your post regarding butt seams inspired me to get White's book and sew a pair of center seams, currently working on a pair of hard sole Plains type. Not doing well posting photos. I've been hoping this thread would continue ---thank you for sharing --

Frank

Online bob in the woods

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2022, 04:28:32 PM »

Great book.  My copy is pretty worn  :)

Offline MeliusCreekTrapper

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2022, 05:52:34 PM »
There is a new edition out, I have been meaning to order it to see if the updates are good or not. I don't really need the patterns as I am happy with the patterns I have from the old one. Some of the instructions are a bit vague, but overall it is a great book.

After I finish up the skunk fur tobacco bag I am working on I plan on a few pairs of mocs to replace my worn out ones. I'll try to post a quasi tutorial on how I do them.