Author Topic: Brooks building from a blank class  (Read 1362 times)

Online snapper

Brooks building from a blank class
« on: April 11, 2021, 06:37:08 PM »
Sounds like Brooks and I am assuming Stoner Creek are going to be hosting a build from a blank class.

So, with the barrel and RR hole drilled, how far would you expect an average student to get in 5 days?

Is there a choice in grades of wood?

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: Brooks building from a blank class
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 07:48:56 PM »
Depends on who you are and what your skill levels are. I could have it ready  for finish in 40 hours. I would be thrilled if our students could get all the parts on the gun, still in the square by the end of the class. A second/third class is planned.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline JLSawyer

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 08:52:22 PM »
Very interested in possibly attending these classes. Where can I find more details? Thanks so much.
Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 11:18:29 PM »
Very interested in possibly attending these classes. Where can I find more details? Thanks so much.
Call the NMLRA and ask for Lora Parks. get on the list, I'm only taking five per class.
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Bigmon

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 11:45:05 PM »
I would really like to attend, but just too far away I'd guess?  Besides, they probably wouldn't let me out of the poky!

Offline Chowmi

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 03:53:42 AM »
Depends on who you are and what your skill levels are. I could have it ready  for finish in 40 hours. I would be thrilled if our students could get all the parts on the gun, still in the square by the end of the class. A second/third class is planned.

I wish I could just sit in your shop and watch you work for a week.  Takes me at least a day to inlet a lock on a blank! 

Respect!

Norm
Cheers,
Chowmi

NMLRA
CLA

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 03:08:34 PM »

I wish I could just sit in your shop and watch you work for a week.  Takes me at least a day to inlet a lock on a blank! 

Respect!

Norm
You'd fall asleep, I don't work very fast anymore!