Author Topic: Need Help With Robert D Byerly Powder Horn Book II {Missing Pages}  (Read 826 times)

Offline bbhf

Was not sure where to post this request: i just got a copy of Making Powder Horns, Book II. 1996. 89 pages:  It is missing the following "print" on pages, 31-33-37-39-43-45: The other side of the page is printed: Can anyone tell me if these came through like this or is mine a botched copy? Any help will be appreciated: thanks, skip
skip

Offline Elnathan

Re: Need Help With Robert D Byerly Powder Horn Book II {Missing Pages}
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 04:31:17 AM »
I think I have a copy of that, but, alas, it is storage and I can't check it. I don't recall any missing text, though it might have had some oddities in the page layout - The idea of weird page formatting rings a bell but I can't be sure since it has been many, many years since I looked at it. Are you sure that your copy is missing text and not just formatted oddly?
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition -  Rudyard Kipling

Offline bbhf

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 02:40:47 PM »
Elnathan: thanks for your reply: format looks ok: its as if the copy machine did not flip the page to copy both sides: i would look to buy another copy but not sure if it will be complete: most of the ones for sale are getting up in price: thanks, skip
skip

Offline Elnathan

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 10:07:53 PM »
I had a chance to look through a copy of this (I think it was book II - it was the same as my still-in-storage copy) at the Knoxville show looking for missing pages, and I didn't see any. I think it is probably your copy.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition -  Rudyard Kipling

Offline bbhf

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 12:40:52 AM »
Thanks for update: the bulk of the info in the book is there so i may not miss to much: i will keep on the lookout for a complete copy: again thank you, sk
skip