Author Topic: Diamond Mountain Rustlers Shoot  (Read 946 times)

Offline Herb

Diamond Mountain Rustlers Shoot
« on: April 26, 2021, 07:13:49 AM »
This was a black powder cartridge and muzzleloader shoot.  The BPCR targets were steel cutouts shaped like six various dinosaurs, from 147 to 1036 yards away.  I was one of 5 spotters and kept score.  The winner had 35 hits out of 48 shots.  In the afternoon the sidematch for muzzleloading rifles was shot.  There was a very pleasant family with a teenage girl shooting right-handed  a left handed Green River Rifle Works .50 Leman from her grandfather while her brother shot a left-handed modern.50 caplock.  Their dad shot a left-handed Lancaster style .50 he made from a Track kit, very well done. I shot my Kit Carson .54 Hawken and won the match.  Several others shot the targets but didn't buy the Dinosaur Hunting License so weren't official competitors!  Carney instructed Tahrah in shooting her custom flintlock.  She has not shot muzzleloaders before, but beat me in our last rifle match at this range.  Now she will be beating me in muzzleloaders!  (If you left-click a picture, it will come up sharper.  Click the + sign for an enlargement to read the fine print.)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 07:17:05 AM by Herb »
Herb

Offline Daryl

Re: Diamond Mountain Rustlers Shoot
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 06:46:19 PM »
Good luck on the hunt, Herb. Well done. ;D
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V