Author Topic: Paul Poser jaeger Rifle  (Read 998 times)

Offline Ron Scott

Paul Poser jaeger Rifle
« on: May 03, 2021, 05:56:06 AM »
This Jaeger was the model for the first NMLRA seminar I taught in 2008. The lock has been reconverted. The trigger guard is a modern cast replacement derived from another Poser Jaeger with nearly identical mounts. Muzzle cap is a modern replacement. . The tang is marked 1, so I surmise it was part of a group of rifles made on the same pattern.  $3900.00 plus shipping.

Offline snapper

Re: Paul Poser jaeger Rifle
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 03:22:18 PM »
Cal.?   Barrel length?  Condition of the bore?

Thanks

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 01:47:53 AM »
Caliber is .55, length is 28.5 inches. Bore is pretty good.

Offline Tacksman45

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 03:15:03 AM »
What is the carving behind the cheek piece off?

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 04:45:31 PM »
This carving is a bit off the expected norm. I noted several sets of hunting rifles in my travel in the Czech Republic that used similar styling. The major part of the carving is incised, perhaps to economize labor on a group of identical rifles.

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 07:14:14 PM »
It looks like part of a family's Coat of Arms or something similar.  Nice rifle, looks as though it would carry well.  What is the tang like, Ron?  And is that maple, or "English" walnut?  Looks much like the latter.

Ron, can I borrow about $3,100 from you?  I would still have to pass, unable to overcome the desire to hunt and shoot with it.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline lexington1

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 08:32:37 PM »
Just throwing this out there, but would you have any interest in swapping for a really nice Mike Miller Marshal style rifle?

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 04:49:28 PM »
Craig, the rifle is stocked in plain walnut. The tang is rectangular with a simple border and the number 1 engraved on it. It balanced extremely well and has a trigger pull almost 14 inches long.

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 04:51:37 PM »
Lexington, thank you for the offer, but I am attempting to generate some cash to bid on a specific auction later this month.