Author Topic: North Carolina Longrifle Collectors Meeting  (Read 1089 times)

Offline mbriggs

• member 2
North Carolina Longrifle Collectors Meeting
« on: May 07, 2021, 08:41:52 PM »
The Historical Arms Collectors of the Southeast will hold its spring meeting tomorrow, May 8th from 8:30 AM TO 1 PM at the Masonic Hall on Fulton Street in Salisbury.  The cost is $45 per year to be a member. Bring a table cover.

Michael Briggs   
C. Michael Briggs

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

Re: North Carolina Longrifle Collectors Meeting
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 06:10:46 PM »
 :o :o.. I am unaware of this group,... would like to know more so plans can be made,... thanx for post,  Michael, and  please share  some photos... great to visit again past week-end in Knoxville,.... regards,...  CCF

Offline mbriggs

• member 2
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 07:47:36 PM »
Dana,
The Historical Arms Collectors of the Southeast is an antique arms collecting group that meets twice a year in Salisbury for half a day each time.  The cost is $45 per year to be a member, and does not matter if you attend one meeting or two. The group collects mostly longrifles and Civil War Confederate weapons.  Members bring items for sale, trade, or just to brag on.  There is a show and tell session and lunch is always served.

The meeting is not open to the public, but collectors are always welcome.  I joined this group in 1980 and have only missed two meetings since then.  I have purchased and sold many wonderful things at these meetings and made many wonderful friends including, Bill Ivey, Kenneth Orr, Arron Capel, Joe Byerly, John Braxton, Tommy Murray, and Gerald Neaves.

The meetings are held in May on the Saturday, the day before Mother's Day Sunday and the first Saturday in October.  The meetings start at 8:30 AM and end promptly at 1 P.M.

I took these photos on Saturday.

My display of Davidson School Longrifles

screen resolution

my pc screen resolution

check your resolution

Outstanding Longrifles by Isaac Jones of the Jamestown School (Top)  and Henry Ledford of the Davidson School (Bottom).

Outstanding new found David Kennedy Rifle from the Bear Creek School.

how to find your screen resolution windows 8

Come and join us and bring something fun with you.

Michael
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 07:50:53 PM by mbriggs »
C. Michael Briggs

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 09:39:20 PM »
 ;) ;)... Thanx, Michael,... since relocating to this side of the mountains, I'm finding my interest in these NC rifles has grown,... I must make it over there to the show one day,... my old hog rifles aren't nearly as fancy, but I will enjoy seeing these guns,... anyway,... most Tennesseans originally came from NC...... Thanx for the great pix,... CCF