Author Topic: Heffley Creek 2009 Rendezvous pictures  (Read 7145 times)

Harnic

Heffley Creek 2009 Rendezvous pictures
« on: September 09, 2009, 05:15:38 AM »
Here's some pix of the rendezvous I missed... :'(  Boy it looked dry!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/D.Kelly4of4/20090830HeffleyCrRendezvous#

frontier gander

Re: Heffley Creek 2009 Rendezvous pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:26:01 AM »
http://picasaweb.google.com/D.Kelly4of4/20090830HeffleyCrRendezvous#5378761356496387170

'cuse me while i go throw up and curl up in a ball. That will haunt me for my entire hunting season.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 10:38:07 PM »
That is a shot of Sammy Two Guns on the left, and Peaches, on the right.  You have to know these two to appreciate the picture.  They are characters to say the least, and good good people.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

• Member 3
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:39:47 PM »
Thanks for posting those Harry.  We missed ya'!!
D. Taylor Sapergia

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:49:56 PM »
Man, oh, man. Looks like a great time. Thanks for the pictures!
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Daryl

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 11:51:43 PM »
Thanks Harry - Taylor and I were somewhat remiss on taking pics this year. Glad no one took one of me with that hardware around my neck!

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 12:45:05 AM »
Thanks Harry - Taylor and I were somewhat remiss on taking pics this year. Glad no one took one of me with that hardware around my neck!

Neck brace from shooting that 14 bore, Daryl? ;D

Seriously, I hope it wasn't.  Thanks for those great pictures Harry! :)

Harnic

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 02:13:45 AM »
Yvonne Clarke sent me the link for Dan Kelly's excellent pictures, I just thought I'd pass them on.  I really missed being at Heffley this year, but in all honesty, I'm glad I bowed out.  Without campfires to sit around it would have really spoiled it for me.  I grew up at the coast & camped in the rain most of my life!  This living in a virtual desert is taking a lot of getting used to in a normal summer, this summer was the driest in a very long time from what I've been told!  Heffley is only 2 hours north of my home. 

Glad I could pass these pix of to you guys.  Taylor & Daryl, I'll be there next year!  Hopefully with a new halfstock Hawken! ;)

• Member 3
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 02:14:45 AM »
Do you mean like this one?
Daryl earned this hands down for loquacious and unsolicited input at council fire one night.  There are a number of messages on it for the wearers continuous perusal..."A closed mouth gathers no foot!"  Shut the $#*! up!"  and I don't recall the msg on the scroll, never having earned the device myself.  He had to wear it at all times for several days.  Imagine shooting a bow on the primitive archery course wearing this thing.  He still managed a second place award in spite of the contraption.
As far as the 14 bore rifle goes...it would have been in the best interest of the rest of the competitors if he had never been able to get it back.  It took many awards all week long.
We had a blast!!

D. Taylor Sapergia

Offline smoke

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 02:25:43 AM »
frontier gander that was uncalled for

frontier gander

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 02:31:19 AM »
Smoke, Its called a joke. 

No sense of humors anything  :-\

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 03:15:25 AM »
Do you mean like this one?
Daryl earned this hands down for loquacious and unsolicited input at council fire one night.  There are a number of messages on it for the wearers continuous perusal..."A closed mouth gathers no foot!"  Shut the $#*! up!"  and I don't recall the msg on the scroll, never having earned the device myself.  He had to wear it at all times for several days.  Imagine shooting a bow on the primitive archery course wearing this thing.  He still managed a second place award in spite of the contraption.
As far as the 14 bore rifle goes...it would have been in the best interest of the rest of the competitors if he had never been able to get it back.  It took many awards all week long.
We had a blast!!

Daryl looks quite scholarly in that photo... ;)

Daryl

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 03:26:31 AM »
Oh yessss - that's us - scholarly - for sure - caught me at a week moment - mouth closed - see, I can learn! Wasn't so bad wearing that contarpation - but cumbersome shooting a bow, though - retaliated in the winner's circle - well, at the time, the harness did  seem appropriate to the powers that rule - guess it was right - don't remember much of what was said! - HA!

Harnic

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 05:50:06 AM »
Looks can be very deceiving Joe! ;)

Harnic

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 07:43:35 AM »
frontier gander that was uncalled for

I didn't get it either Smoke!  ;)

Offline Roger B

• You wouldn't have a snack, would you?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 02:53:53 PM »
I really regret not being there.  I had the time off & the trip planned & then got stabbed in the back & lost my job.  I wound up spending the whole Summer looking for a new one.  Next year I'll be about 600 miles further north to start the trip.
Roger B.
Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.

Harnic

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 06:30:44 PM »
I'm glad to hear you're gainfully employed again Roger!  Hopefully we'll both make it next year & meet at Heffley! :)  600 miles closer?!  You must be nearly in my back yard!

Offline Roger B

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 09:32:47 PM »
Looks as if I will be in Sioux Falls SD.  I'm still digging around for something closer to home, but the best offer is Sioux Falls.  It appears that there were some very comely females at Heffley.  It might have been best for me not to have been there as I always seem draw the attention of those types of girls.  Its a gift.
Roger B.
Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.

Daryl

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 11:56:10 PM »
Oh brother!

Offline Roger B

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 12:07:53 AM »
See!  It's just that type of envy that has haunted me my entire life. ::) 

doug

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 12:53:09 AM »
      Here's a few more photos for you.  Most of the shoots are at steel gongs and strung out across the range with groups of 4 or 5 shooting from each station.  The shoot pictured is the only paper one.  Hard to shoot and take photos hence the lack of long rifle shooting ones.  There is a kid's candy cannon each evening at council fire and a supervised kid's shoot plus events for most every kind of black powder gun.  Towards the end of the week, there was a subtle dampness in the air, which drowned my gun.  I had to wait for the firmnament to stop descending upon the earth, then used a bbq starter shot into the touch hole to dry it out, then poked a bunch of priming powder in and poof ---- 5 seconds---blam and the gun was clear.  The event did inspire the photo of me wearing a souwester and holding the toy duck, taken the next morning  :>)
     I should mention that the flint lady (Marilyn Crandal) was here again this year and apart from being an excellent shot, also had lots of good flints.
     Almost forgot; the reason there are cars in primitive is that we were under an evacuation alert for forest fires (1 hour notice) and many wanted to be in a position to grab their guns and run if necessary.  Once the rains started, vehicles were all moved to the regular parking area.

cheers Doug

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:03:42 AM by doug »

• Member 3
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 01:20:57 AM »
Good shots Doug...thanks.  Many great memories.....
D. Taylor Sapergia

Daryl

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 02:09:46 AM »
Yes, thanks Doug. The top picture shows "Dog Spit", the only lady there who wears a 'clout'. The picture third form the bottom is the improvised ctg. shoot as the regular ctg. shoot guys went home at the first fire threat.  I am on the line in the forground, closest to the camera with my 14 bore and shooting against the aperture sighted ctg. guns.  I didn't do well, but still didn't ended up in the middle of the pack.  The bottom picture shows a vartiey of steel plates. The round one, in the middle of the picture is 250 yards away and was the final target. All shooting was offhand, 5 shots each - 100 pig, 200yard ram and 250 yards on the round plate.  One other muzzleloader entered the ctg. shoot, a wisened old timer named "Merlin", with a 3 band Enfield yet.  He too, did just fine for the sights and projectiles, heavy Enfield minnie, of course.