Author Topic: Authentic speed loader  (Read 4761 times)

Offline JBJ

Re: Authentic speed loader
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2021, 02:46:33 PM »
Shopdog,
MANY thanks! That detail about there being a seam under the spring was very helpful. Your first and second pictures , when enlarged, appear to reveal a seam at the midpoint as well. That line at the midpoint is too crisp and uniform to be mere coincidence - IMHO. The photos, drawings and other details were great!

If any of you others guys/gals out there on the Forum have different models and variations, please share with the "tribe". As other chime in, I am sure that we will collectively have a better understanding of these seemingly simple (anything but!) accouterments from another era. Again, Shopdog, again a big thank you for stepping up and sharing so much with all of us.
J.B.

Offline Shopdog

Re: Authentic speed loader
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2021, 05:17:16 PM »
I'm always happy to share my observations but can't promise they aren't catawampus.  The line around the midsection is curious.  My example is corroded but in portions you can see there are actually 3 parallel lines.  I can't see any brazing or soldering remnants but that doesn't mean it's not there.  It would make the most sense to me if the body of the charger was made by joining two halves together at that mid seam/line - this would also explain how the interior divider was incorporated into the whole thing.  Odd to think there were people back then who thought nothing of putting these chargers together.  Probably could have done it in their sleep.
Cheers,
Joe
Joe Davis
“We live in a bloody swamp! We need all the land we can get!