Author Topic: Cost of Membership to Gun Clubs  (Read 12914 times)

doug

Re: Cost of Membership to Gun Clubs
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 07:34:08 PM »
Nanaimo membership is $85/ year for a family with a range pass and will go up another $10 over the next 2 years because of increases in the cost of our membership in the BC Wildlife Federation.   Our fascilities are probably comparable to Prince George (Taylor and Leatherbelly) and we are in the very last stages of converting a lease to ownership which will give us 102 acres total.  The range is just outside the city and about 20 minutes drive from my house at the north end of the city.

I canvassed a number of Canadian clubs several years ago and at that time our family membership of I think $65 was roughly in the low middle of other large ranges.  There were a number that cost much less but they also had far fewer fascilities. 

We have about 650 memberships representing about 1250 members (think families etc)

cheers Doug

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 01:57:39 AM »
I'm only about 6-7 miles from the Rivanna Rifle & Pistol Club.  Fee is $100 annually.  They have several buildings & nice club house.

hanshi, (and Eric L)
From your profile I assume that Rivanna Rifle and Pistol is up near the Rivanna River. About how far is that from Midlothian VA? I would like to join a black powder club if I can find one closer than the 49 miles I have to drove to the one in Prince George county.

Right now I have to drive to Prince Edward county (52 miles) to shoot in the woods by myself or 49 to Prince George or about 20 to shoot through a concrete pipe >:( at the local VA Wildlife Management area.

Dennis
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 02:01:45 AM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 02:33:28 AM »
Old Saratoga Muzzleloading Club. Right on the land where Burgoyne tried to give us the shaft.

Clubhouse, cookshack, bathrooms, shower. 200 yd range, covered, 90 positions, approx.
Campground, open to rondezvous, NSSA, etc. Two Club sponsored ball shoots twice a year, NMLRA territorials, NYS Flintlock team shoots, Chicken shoots in the winter. $45 yr family, $35 single.

Tom
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

angus

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 04:41:59 AM »
Buck Crik Muzzleloaders
Central Iowa
$25/yr/family
We shoot 1st Sunday every month at 1pm. Primitive cabin with a Ben Franklin stove that was built in the 70's by founding members, outhouse and loading benches have a steel roof overhead. The property is adjacent to a crop field and a cattle pasture. The last steel bucket is approx. 130 yds. A couple times a year we have a potluck lunch and a prairie walk. Sometimes we have a deer shoot from a tree stand on one of the shelter poles.
We always have a good time and safe enough for even the youngest family members. I have even seen 5-6 year old kids beat the adults. ;D

Offline Clowdis

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 04:37:39 PM »
Riverside GC membership is $145 per year. We have an outside 100 yard range as well as a 100 yard range inside an old chicken house. The cost of land and insurance keeps driving membership costs higher, especially with clubs that have just purchased land.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 05:24:14 PM »
Bowmanstown, Pa R & G $25. first yr then $15. renewals.....

425+ acres wooded, 100 yrd suppository style bench range, seperate pistol and shotgun range.,   Muzzleloader range (seperate) out to 100 yds. partially covered. 

Offline yip

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 04:01:01 PM »
us guys at clairton sportmen club pay $90 a year.it may seem high but we have around 200 acres in allegeny county in pa, we have a rifle range of 50, 100 and 200 yards, a high power competition range of 200 and 300 yards, a covered pistol range 7, 15 and 25 yards, a action pistol range. we also have a walk thru archery course of over 40 targets, a three field skeet range, and a trap field with 6 trap houses along with a high and low wobble trap.and a 25 target muzzleloader course. some guys think the dues are high, but if you consider what the club has to offer, well your ahead of the game. plus taxes here are unbelievable
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:03:54 PM by yip »