Author Topic: No More Gun Building Videos on You Tube  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Bill Raby

No More Gun Building Videos on You Tube
« on: June 12, 2021, 08:17:15 AM »
   I know that a lot of you have been watching the gun building videos that I have been posting on You Tube. A couple days ago I got a message from You Tube that they removed 10 of my videos because they are harmful to the community. Yes, that is what they said. I did the appeal thing that they have. Today they responded by denying the appeal and removing all the rest of the videos. I did the appeals thing on those also but am not expecting any positive result. My You Tube account is also suspended for a while. So it looks the You Tube that I did are gone and there will not be any more.

I like building guns and I like making the videos. I plan to keep on doing it. I just need to figure out a new place to post them. I am not much of a high tech guy. Do any of you know of any alternatives to You Tube that are a bit more gun friendly? I will put up all the videos in another place. I have backups of all the videos. It will take a while to get them all posted again. It takes a few hours to upload each one and there are over 200 of them so far. I will get started as soon as I find a new place to post them.

Offline rennikselum

• Jeff Rogers
Re: No More Gun Building Videos on You Tube
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 12:49:45 PM »
Look into Rumble.

Offline bnewberry

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 02:41:57 PM »
Mr. Raby. This is a shame. Watching your videos inspired me to go for it and start building a rifle. I hope you find a new home for them as I am not done yet!

Offline FALout

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 02:49:56 PM »
What a shame, I’m not one to watch videos on YouTube, but it doesn’t surprise me that they did this.  Hope you find another venue to continue on.
Bob

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 02:55:09 PM »
I do nothing with YouTube or any other social media beyond this and one other forum and I wondered WHO appointed these knuckleheads as an editor of legitimate information.

Bob Roller

Offline WKevinD

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 03:18:01 PM »
Since the issue of "ghost guns" hit the  news I have wondered how it would effect us.
We build guns without traceable serial numbers from unregulated components and try to shae the how too info on public forums.
Kevin

PEACE is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.  Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 03:22:52 PM »
Since the issue of "ghost guns" hit the  news I have wondered how it would effect us.
We build guns without traceable serial numbers from unregulated components and try to shae the how too info on public forums.
Kevin

It’s a combo of that and the fact that there’s no differentiation going on. We’re closer to being labeled illegal gun runners than we are to being left as we were…

Offline Gaeckle

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 03:24:27 PM »
It goes deeper than that, it's about control. I'm wondering when people like us will be forcibly marched off to indoctrination camps for reprogramming for our own good and the good of the population. Pretty soon we may be calling each other 'comrade'.

Offline flinter49

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2021, 03:35:39 PM »
I am not a tech guy at all, but was wondering. Can they be posted here? I would love to see them.

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 03:56:21 PM »
They can be linked to here but they have to be hosted online on a server somewhere else. A forum typically doesn’t have that sort of online storage. Enough for pictures perhaps but not for video. YouTube is essentially a huge server with public access. There are several options open to Bill. And likely me, right behind him.

Offline Telgan

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 04:03:23 PM »
This is coming to a place where what ALR is about , and the politics of the powers that be are coming to an intersection that will create an inflection point that most likely will not be a happy one. I believe it's going to be unavoidable - although we may be able to find ways around it for a bit. I could put it in plainer language, but folks will get the drift anyway.

Offline flinter49

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 04:32:08 PM »
Thanks Bob that explains it. Sounds like we're headed for major problems. I enjoy your, you tubes also.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 11:31:04 PM by flinter49 »

Offline Ats5331

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 05:02:38 PM »
Bill,

This is a shame. I am lost for words. I always like to refer to your videos if I ran into a specific problem. I cannot believe the attacks that occurring on the Muzzleloading community. I have heard from various sources that Jim Kiblers videos have experienced issues from YouTube as well.

This truly is the age of everybody finding a reason to be offended and cancel culture.

Vimeo might be another option perhaps?

Offline Rt5403

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2021, 05:12:19 PM »
If you do find another nplatform to post your videos let us know will definitely go watch wherever I can love your videos guys.

Offline LilysDad

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2021, 05:18:28 PM »
Your not allowed to build an ancient flintlock, but how many other folks on there are shooting .50 caliber whatever?
I wonder if they would notice if you were building a model with all wood components? Wood barrel and all.

Offline Daniel Coats

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2021, 06:11:24 PM »
I wonder if storage space on YouTube was part of it? 200 videos probably gets you on a list of some kind.

I hope you find another venue to continue your documentation as well as Bob and others.
Dan

"Ain't no nipples on a man's rifle"

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2021, 06:14:54 PM »
Bill,

This is a shame. I am lost for words. I always like to refer to your videos if I ran into a specific problem. I cannot believe the attacks that occurring on the Muzzleloading community. I have heard from various sources that Jim Kiblers videos have experienced issues from YouTube as well.

This truly is the age of everybody finding a reason to be offended and cancel culture.

Vimeo might be another option perhaps?

Anti guns of EVERY type no matter what and afraid of all who love freedom and will not surrender peacefully.
Bob Roller

Offline BrianS

• Starting Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2021, 07:32:07 PM »
Oh that is just a shame... your videos are fantastic for folks learning the arts and crafts of muzzleloading long rifle building. YouTube can be very short-sighted sometimes.

Offline Dutch Blacky

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2021, 09:56:43 PM »
Youtube seems to be joining the campaign or bowing to pressure from the IANSA gungrabber lobby.  :'(
Maybe it will be time to estabish a  video channel for gun owners?

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2021, 10:13:31 PM »
       Just for giggles, I checked this out and asked You Tube for videos on muzzleloader building.  A number came up and then quickly went back down.  I then asked for videos on how to start a riot, and got a number.   Feeling really frisky I asked how to build an atomic bomb and likewise got answers.  I didn't open any of them.  Undoubtedly black helicopters will be circling my house, but at 78 I don't have that much to lose...
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline Bill Raby

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 11:07:00 PM »
   My girlfriend watches lots of Christian stuff on You Tube. She says a lot of that is getting taken down also. The only reason that I make the videos is because I enjoy doing it. I am a really long way from getting rich off of it. Building flintlock rifles is about as obscure of a subject as you are going to find and is never going to have a large audience. So I will be posting the videos on Rumble. Think of it as You Tube without the censorship. It also does not have the audience. Videos on there only get a small fraction of what they do on You Tube. I don't really see that as a drawback. I am not looking to get famous and never cared much about how many people watched them. The people that are interested will still be able to find them. I suspect that a lot of the You Tube audience is people just killing time that have no real interest in building rifles.

I got a video uploading onto Rumble right now. It goes a lot slower than You Tube does. At this rate it looks like it will take about 12 to 14 hours to upload. It will take a long time to get all the videos on there. I am starting off with the 4 bore rifle build since that is the one that I currently have going and I know a lot of you are anxious to see how it turns out. Once that is finished I will start on the older ones. Eventually you will be able to watch all the videos again. Just have some patience.

The 4 bore rifle is finished. It turned out great and I have shot it a few times. So far the heaviest load is 400 grains of 2f powder. The recoil is enormous. That load will knock me back about 5 feet. Design of the rifle turned out great. Even though the recoil is huge, it is not at all painful. It does not leave a bruise on my shoulder.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2021, 11:35:48 PM »
400gr. 2F is about 14 1/2 drams. That is a hefty load. The full load with ctg. & round ball (1,750gr.) was 16 drams.
12 drams, at 328gr. produced enough recoil over 200pounds, to break W W.Greener's recoil machine that topped
 out at 200pounds.
A chronograph test with that 14 1/2 dram load would be interesting, however I would not choose to shoot it, not with my shoulders the way they are now.
Not sure how THAT happened. ::)
For hunting around NA, I would think something around 1,000fps would suffice quite nicely. ;D
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2021, 12:29:20 AM »
As a person with a life time ban from Fakebook, I'm not at all surprised that you tub is going after anything to do with guns. Best way to defeat these people is to quit using their sites.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline elkhorne

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2021, 02:11:13 AM »
Mike,
You are completely right! If all, and especially our kids and grand kids were told (and enforced) to get off of all social media sites, things might start to change a bit. Also an added benefit to this would be that our kids and grand kids would not be indoctrinated with political/ideological lies. Same goes for home schooling, many of our colonial ancestors were home schooled and look how they turned out! They built a Republic and Free Democracy! Wonder what You Dub would do if someone tried to post the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution on it? Bill, Bob and Jim keep up the good work and if Rumble is the answer, Great but another avenue might be contact Jason Gatliff with Muzzleloader magazine and see if he could put them on DVD somehow to 1 preserve the information and hard work Bill, Bob and Jim have done and 2 most guys I know would be glad to purchase such DVDs. Keep up the fight! And, being a native Texan - Remember the Alamo!!
elkhorne

Offline elkhorne

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2021, 02:34:28 AM »
Bill, Bob and Jim,
I am not a high tech kind of computer guru either, more write it down and photograph kind of guy. That said, another idea I just had was, with the counsel of one on our forum that is really tech savvy, could your videos be stored on a stick on some type of universally recognized format, be loaded onto the stick and be sold for a reasonable fee. I will do some checking and hopefully others will also and see how ingenuity can work to preserve our hobby, art and sport.
elkhorne