Author Topic: No More Gun Building Videos on You Tube  (Read 5401 times)

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
Re: No More Gun Building Videos on You Tube
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2021, 02:56:37 AM »
You can do that without doubt elkhorne but the problem that would generate is, yes, some number of salty old fellers might  purchase a stick of videos to go with his toddy but most younger folks wouldn’t, and that’s the generation that’ll be buying our collections from us and promulgating the species, as it were. Most of us do this just to get the information out. Jim to pass info to his buyers that would otherwise require a phone call to resolve and Bill and I just to ‘help a feller out’. Every video we post is uploaded and watched for free. That’s the name of the game.

Offline elkhorne

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2021, 03:11:25 AM »
Bob,
Hope you are feeling better and enjoying Friendship and all the guys up there. It will be interesting as the word gets around and especially in the venue you are at to see their reactions. You guys do a great job of teaching, and generally helping us all out as well as being good entertainers! Hope this Rumble that Bill started using will work out. I have learned so much from all of you guys and as I’ve said before, Bill has covered details that have never been adequately covered before and you as well. I’m sure you all will find a way to persevere and press on. You are right, we have got to get the younger guys involved. Thanks and good health.
elkhorne

Offline Bill Raby

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2021, 04:35:41 AM »
   I looked at putting these on DVD sets to sell. Problem is that the 4 Bore videos came to a total of a bit over 43 hours. If I were to do those on a DVD burner it would take a whole day to do each set. Hiring it out would cost a fortune unless i had them made in quantities far higher than I would ever sell.

What I could do is put a whole set of videos on an external hard drive. I could go $100 for an external hard drive with the full set of the 4 bore videos. Send a message (PM) if interested. If there is interest I will buy a few external hard drives and make some copies. Maybe list it in the recent media section here. Of course you will be able to watch it for free on Rumble once it is all on there. I have the 4 bore series on the computer and can do it now. The series are on a backup. Just moved a little while ago then went out of town for 5 weeks. The backup is still packed away and I don't know which box it is in. I could make external hard drives of those once that turns up.

I got the first one uploading right now. After 10 hours is at 66%. It will take a while to get everything back on there so have some patience. I will put links to the videos here.

Offline Yazel.xring

• Ethan Yazel ILoveMuzzleloading.com
    • I Love Muzzleloading
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2021, 03:31:21 PM »
Hey Bill, so sorry to hear this. I think it will be the reality for muzzleloading enthusiasts for the coming years.

Rumble is okay but slow for creators, I recommend Odysee.com https://odysee.com/$/invite/@ILoveMuzzleloading

It uses the ‘blockchain’ for some extra security and stable ‘won’t delete your stuff’ policy. I’m uploading all the videos from I Love Muzzleloading slowly over the next few weeks.

Please reach out if there is anything I can do to help, I’ll promote your new video home on I Love Muzzleloading as much as I can, and am happy to help with any questions you have on platforms.
Hi, I’m Ethan and I Love Muzzleloading

ILoveMuzzleloading.com, independently reporting on muzzleloading and the people who have kept it going for generations.

Offline LilysDad

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2021, 11:15:14 PM »
I just went looking for the Rumble website. It says that it is a product of You Tube. How is that any better?

Offline moleeyes36

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2021, 12:03:43 AM »
Hey Bill, so sorry to hear this. I think it will be the reality for muzzleloading enthusiasts for the coming years.

Rumble is okay but slow for creators, I recommend Odysee.com https://odysee.com/$/invite/@ILoveMuzzleloading

It uses the ‘blockchain’ for some extra security and stable ‘won’t delete your stuff’ policy. I’m uploading all the videos from I Love Muzzleloading slowly over the next few weeks.

Please reach out if there is anything I can do to help, I’ll promote your new video home on I Love Muzzleloading as much as I can, and am happy to help with any questions you have on platforms.

Ethan,

Thanks, for the info.  I just checked out and bookmarked the website.  I hope this grows into a place where we can upload and view muzzleloading material without the big tech censors eliminating it.  Well done.

Don Richards
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Offline Dutch Blacky

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2021, 12:06:04 PM »
Maybe it would be a good idea, to link videos concerning muzzlerloader gun building, muzzleloader accoutrements, longrifle collecting, and muzzleloader shooting etc. here in this forum, which can be found on an alternative video channel ? 

So we can avoid on longer terms to look in en empty tube.  ;)

A click on the link might not too much to do? 8)

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2021, 09:04:21 PM »
There are quite a few gun building videos remaining on YouTube.
Andover, Vermont

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2021, 09:13:53 PM »

They are actively being pulled. It’ll take months for them to get them all. Shoot, there are still live combat videos from Syria and the former IS that are still up and they started taking them down early last year. They rely on snitching mostly for stuff like this. Likely someone reported Bill as being a scofflaw and the ticket managed to get to a live person with lots of enthusiasm. It goes in waves and in fits and starts but it seems like a cubical or two down at HQ are definitely in purge mode. Be that as it may, 300 hours of vids uploaded per minute and 5 billion videos watched per day takes a bit of going through to get them all.

Only two of my videos are not monetized. One on a Kibler kit and one on a Chambers kit both of which could fall under the ‘building guns’ prohibition. They are watching all gun channels fairly closely I’m guessing.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:37:09 PM by Bob McBride »

Offline Bill Raby

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2021, 12:17:41 AM »
   You Tube does have a rule that says no videos allowed that show how to build firearms. That is every one of my videos. Federal law says that muzzleloaders are not actually firearms but I don't think the You Tube people are too concerned about that.

None of my videos were ever monetized.

Here is the good part. I just got a thing from You Tube that says they are going to allow 26 videos to remain. That is 26 out of a bit over 200. They seem to be randomly selected. That makes it all pretty useless. When my suspension is over I will take them off there.

Offline B.Barker

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2021, 04:18:41 AM »
Mike, I wondered how long you would last on fake book. I'm surprised that Rase is still on it.

Offline ScottNE

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2021, 03:36:03 PM »
   I know that a lot of you have been watching the gun building videos that I have been posting on You Tube. A couple days ago I got a message from You Tube that they removed 10 of my videos because they are harmful to the community. Yes, that is what they said. I did the appeal thing that they have. Today they responded by denying the appeal and removing all the rest of the videos. I did the appeals thing on those also but am not expecting any positive result. My You Tube account is also suspended for a while. So it looks the You Tube that I did are gone and there will not be any more.

I like building guns and I like making the videos. I plan to keep on doing it. I just need to figure out a new place to post them. I am not much of a high tech guy. Do any of you know of any alternatives to You Tube that are a bit more gun friendly? I will put up all the videos in another place. I have backups of all the videos. It will take a while to get them all posted again. It takes a few hours to upload each one and there are over 200 of them so far. I will get started as soon as I find a new place to post them.

Harmful to the community??? The intersection of history and craftsmanship and art, the skills required to turn wood and metal into something beautiful and functional, how is presenting any of this “harmful” to anyone???

I’m not sure if it’s a “gun” thing or if it’s that in the minds of some people, the era of American history in which longrifles were developed and used deserves to be consigned to the dustbin of history. Whatever year “Friends” came out is where they measure year zero from.

Offline Mule Brain

• Summerville, SC
    • Charles Towne Long Rifles Black Powder Club
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2021, 04:00:31 AM »

Won't be long, before they are wiped away as well. The book burning will commence after that. Folks we are coming to a crossroads of the likes nobody alive has ever seen. Keep your powder dry, and your back to the wind     
Those Without Arms Cannot Defend Freedom

South Carolina's Oldest Black Powder Club

https://charlestownelongrifles.com/

Offline Bill Raby

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2021, 04:37:17 AM »
   I know that a lot of you have been watching the gun building videos that I have been posting on You Tube. A couple days ago I got a message from You Tube that they removed 10 of my videos because they are harmful to the community. Yes, that is what they said. I did the appeal thing that they have. Today they responded by denying the appeal and removing all the rest of the videos. I did the appeals thing on those also but am not expecting any positive result. My You Tube account is also suspended for a while. So it looks the You Tube that I did are gone and there will not be any more.

I like building guns and I like making the videos. I plan to keep on doing it. I just need to figure out a new place to post them. I am not much of a high tech guy. Do any of you know of any alternatives to You Tube that are a bit more gun friendly? I will put up all the videos in another place. I have backups of all the videos. It will take a while to get them all posted again. It takes a few hours to upload each one and there are over 200 of them so far. I will get started as soon as I find a new place to post them.

In the late 18th century flintlocks were used to overthrow an oppressive government and form a free nation. Most Americans look back at that time as one of the greatest moments in history. But that is an idea that brings terror many people today. 

Harmful to the community??? The intersection of history and craftsmanship and art, the skills required to turn wood and metal into something beautiful and functional, how is presenting any of this “harmful” to anyone???

I’m not sure if it’s a “gun” thing or if it’s that in the minds of some people, the era of American history in which longrifles were developed and used deserves to be consigned to the dustbin of history. Whatever year “Friends” came out is where they measure year zero from.

Offline Bill Raby

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2021, 10:10:39 AM »
   My You Tube suspension is over now. I just posted the last video that I will put on there. Explains what happened and gives you a look at the new, half finished workshop. I would put a link here but the thumbnail that comes up is not quite suitable for this forum. I went a bit nuts with the intro. If interested go to You Tube and do a  search on Bill Raby. It is the only video that I have on there.

Offline LynnC

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2021, 12:47:45 PM »
Don’t you just love it when these social media tyrants know whats best for you?

The only gun friendly video site i know of is Full30.com

Hickok45 posts his black powder videos there as sell his videos of those new fangled suppository guns 😉
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 12:59:03 PM by LynnC »
The price of eggs got so darn high, I bought chickens......

Offline Bill Raby

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2021, 07:07:22 PM »
   Full30 is invitation only for posting videos.

Offline LynnC

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2021, 08:01:18 PM »
Oh Man!  I had no idea. Perhaps they are not yet developed enough to support all like minded comers. What a shame. Because of your problem I looked at Rumble for the first time. I still have not tried a video. Good luck with Rumble.

Edit to add....

I did a little digging and it seems Full30 has been saying it would go public for at least 3 years. Evidently they are having severe growing pains.

In my search, I discovered at least 5 more gun friendly sites I had never heard of with user ratings of pretty good on down to fair or poor.

I hope you now have a stable platform to place your content.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 09:36:50 PM by LynnC »
The price of eggs got so darn high, I bought chickens......