Author Topic: July matches ? Or not ?  (Read 751 times)

Offline bob in the woods

July matches ? Or not ?
« on: July 08, 2021, 02:12:35 AM »
Having had top scores for the rifle and smoothbore matches [ not that big a deal since there were few participants ]  I would normally be posting a July match target. However, there was some discussion about waiting until the Fall to see about continuing .
If there is enough interest in having a July match, I will happily go ahead.....let me know.

Offline johnfolchetti

Re: July matches ? Or not ?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 02:39:16 AM »
I have not participated as of yet but just got my Kibler SMR dialed in to where I won't be ashamed to submit targets. Will gladly participate in July if there is a match.

Online MuskratMike

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 04:39:04 AM »
I have little interest I shooting a July match. Lets see if there is any interest in restarting in October or later.
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Online alacran

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 03:27:12 PM »
I have made it a point to shoot at least once, all of the matches that have been posted.  A lot of the time the matches posted really don't interest me at all. That is why I do shoot them because it forces me to try something different, and that expands my shooting abilities.
So if a match is posted, I will shoot it.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 03:06:52 AM »
The summer is the best time for us who live at 54 North.  Shooting in ice and snow is far harder than the heat of summer..fingers and heat mirage on sights in cold weather.  So although I missed June's frolic, I am interested in a July match for both firearms.  Easy for you guys who wear running shoes and t-shirts all winter.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.