Author Topic: Ferguson fun  (Read 1245 times)

Offline sdilts

Ferguson fun
« on: July 16, 2021, 03:49:25 PM »
Just finished this Ferguson kit from the Rifle Shoppe for a friend. It was a fun build except for the aggravation of of dealing with the pre-carved stock. Many thanks to Dave Person for his assistance.

upload

Offline Marcruger

Re: Ferguson fun
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 11:38:09 PM »
Now that's a clean and fine looking piece.  Nicely done sir.   God Bless,   Marc

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 12:18:16 AM »
Hi,
Well done!!  That is a nice Ferguson.

dave
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 02:40:52 AM »
Beautiful !!!  Great fun to shoot as well.  Enjoy it.
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline sdilts

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 03:34:35 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys. There was a lot of wood added and metal stretched to make things fit the oversized inlets. But hey, I learned a lot. If I ever do another it will be from a blank.

Offline deepcreekdale

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 07:07:34 PM »
Nice job. I have one of these from a customer that I will be starting on soon. I dread dealing with precarved stocks as well. Blanks are so much easier. If I can find a decent English walnut blank at the CLA show, I will probably use it instead of the precarved one.
”Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 06:45:07 PM »
Get in touch with Ron Scott - he has some beautiful English Walnut stock blanks.  He will probably be at the show.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.