Author Topic: 2022 Germanic Flintlock NMLRA seminar  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Ron Scott

2022 Germanic Flintlock NMLRA seminar
« on: July 17, 2021, 05:58:27 PM »
My NMLRA seminar for 2022 will feature a choice to build  a Germanic Fowler or Pistol.  Molds for the mounts are in process now. Decisions about barrels and locks should be made by the time of the August show . I am contemplating having the parts cast in steel.I will bring the original guns with me for display at the CLA show. I have a generous inventory of  Walnut stock blanks for both Fowlers and Pistols.  Stop by the NMLRA seminar table at the CLA annual show and look at these models.

Offline Jeff64

Re: 2022 Germanic Flintlock NMLRA seminar
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 07:47:46 PM »
I'm in for the fowler.  Absolutely stunning piece.

Offline Ed Wenger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 02:49:48 AM »
Beautiful pieces!  Particularly like the Fowler as well.  Best,

Ed
Ed Wenger

Offline RedRiverII

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 05:43:04 AM »
Masterful.  Wow.  I wish we could do this by Zoom or some such device.  I'll not be able to attend but would be interested in a video or ordering parts.  Best of Luck Ron.

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 08:05:14 AM »
Castings may be a possibility if there are extras. I should have some idea by March.

Offline RedRiverII

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 09:35:39 AM »
Very cool,  as always Sir.

Offline acorn20

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 04:09:12 AM »
Ron, I'd love to have a set of castings for the fowler if available.  Hope to see you at the CLA show. 
Regards,
Dan
Dan Akers

Offline RedRiverII

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 04:40:43 AM »
Where is the class to be held?  At NMLRA headquarters?  I may have to finagle a way to go.  Dang the pressure,  o what a mighty pull presents itself.  I need a good line of BS for the wife.  Are there any writers here?  Can we make up a story of how we're saving the Country,  or countless suffering mopes in need.

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 03:59:56 PM »
The seminars are conducted at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green Ky. Nine days of study and work. Registration is through the NMLRA office.

Offline R.J.Bruce

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 09:04:34 PM »
Ron, are there any plans in the near future for a plain, or military Jaeger class. I can appreciate the more ornate Jaegers with their chiseled furniture, but I lean much more towards the plainer end of the spectrum.

Thanks, Bruce

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2021, 05:24:04 AM »
We pretty much encompass anything in Germanic Flintlocks. Each season we have a variety of projects in the seminar. This last seminar we had a wheel lock rifle, a Germanic Pistol, a Long straight groove barrel Jaeger handsome normal length Jaegers. If you can identify a plain Jaeger you want to emulate, I'll assist you in locating parts and work you in to the fold.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2021, 04:25:41 PM »
We pretty much encompass anything in Germanic Flintlocks. Each season we have a variety of projects in the seminar. This last seminar we had a wheel lock rifle, a Germanic Pistol, a Long straight groove barrel Jaeger handsome normal length Jaegers. If you can identify a plain Jaeger you want to emulate, I'll assist you in locating parts and work you in to the fold.
I have a buttplate and a couple trigger guards for Brandenburg guns....Pistor style.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?