Author Topic: Kudos to Log Cabin Shop  (Read 1155 times)

Offline sghart3578

• Starting Member
Kudos to Log Cabin Shop
« on: July 22, 2021, 01:11:57 AM »
Hello neighbors,

In an earlier thread I asked for help with a Davis lock that came on a used trade gun that I bought. 

I decided to send the lock to the Log Cabin Shop for an overhaul.  I got it back last Monday.  The turnaround was incredibly fast.  The lock would not stay at full cock.  They replaced the sear spring, filed the notch on the tumbler and also hardened the frizzen.  All for a cost that was so low it was criminal.

The lock works great now and throws a lot of sparks.  I'm very happy with their work and their nice customer service on the phone.

Steve in N CA

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Kudos to Log Cabin Shop
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 02:17:04 PM »
Hello neighbors,

In an earlier thread I asked for help with a Davis lock that came on a used trade gun that I bought. 

I decided to send the lock to the Log Cabin Shop for an overhaul.  I got it back last Monday.  The turnaround was incredibly fast.  The lock would not stay at full cock.  They replaced the sear spring, filed the notch on the tumbler and also hardened the frizzen.  All for a cost that was so low it was criminal.

The lock works great now and throws a lot of sparks.  I'm very happy with their work and their nice customer service on the phone.

Steve in N CA

Log Cabin Has ALWAYS been a class act and the founder,Wes Kindig was a friend.He was honest and I told more than one
person I would rather have Wes owing me money than have SOME I knew paying cash.It is now under the management of
his grand daughter Liza and she seems to be carrying on the family tradition.It IS a straight up operation and very capable.
Bob Roller

Offline bob in the woods

Re: Kudos to Log Cabin Shop
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 03:09:37 PM »
I just received some Davis tomahawk heads that I ordered from Log Cabin. Delivery was fast and the quality is awesome. I'm not sure if they have changed casting sources, but these heads are better than what I remember receiving from Davis in the past. All of the Davis products are now available from Log Cabin, and that's good for all of us