Author Topic: East Tenn to use as a model  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Carper

East Tenn to use as a model
« on: July 28, 2021, 09:07:38 AM »
Some of the Mission children had a wonderful experience today. They helped uncrate the magnificent E.TENN rifle by Jonathan Gross. I wanted them to actually hold and feel a piece of history . They were very excited to learn about this rifle  and how it will become the model or standard we use to fashion our own muzzleloaders .  These Alaskans will become proficient in knowing the subtle characteristics that make these rifles so sweet. No more just looking at pictures now they can hold the real thing. We will measure and discuss every part of this old piece and use that information to make our rifles more correct. Thanks to Jim Parker .

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

Re: East Tenn to use as a model
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 01:46:50 PM »
 :) :)... Happy that you got that one, John,... she is a fine rifle and an excellent specimen of an upper East Tennessee rifle,.... You, Jenna and the young'uns have important history and a cultural icon in your hands,... !!! .... Jim is a fine fellow, and always welcoming and helpful,... you must come to his show some time,.... Regards, ... Cades Cove Fiddler 

Online bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 05:16:36 PM »
John, it makes my heart glad to see all of those kids smiling over the Gross rifle. I wish you much success with your project and if there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Jim
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 09:08:07 PM »
Can you image what the builder would think if he could have seen that picture?   Warms the heart. 

Offline Rajin cajun

• Ragin Cajun
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 09:27:35 PM »
John, great photo of the kids and a great Tennessee rifle. A new legacy has just started. That is a fine , fine Tenn. Rifle by a master smith of the period.
And acquired from a great gunmaker in his own right, but above that a fine gentleman and great friend Mr Jim Parker. Honest as the day is long, we are fortunate to have guys like him around.
I’m sure he knew that rifle was going to find a good home and placed it there.
Your Lucky my man .    Enjoy it.

Bob
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog !

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 11:02:43 PM »
Looks like they have a great teacher using a great example.  I'm a little old but makes me want to be part of the group.   It also looks like you are blessed with a good group of students up there.  I follow your Facebook post.  Kudos to Bama for his part in making this happen. 

Cheers,
Ken
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 11:23:54 AM »
It’s easy to see that something great is beginning here. It makes my heart smile to see it.
Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry