Author Topic: August Rifle Postal Match????UPDATE!!  (Read 1188 times)

Offline MuskratMike

August Rifle Postal Match????UPDATE!!
« on: August 01, 2021, 09:05:44 PM »
With only 4  rifle shooters again and summer being what it is I see no reason to keep this thing going. If enough people respond that they want to have it (and are willing to go shoot some targets) I will host it but really I think it has run its course.
Opinions please.
If you don't watch the news my state (Oregon) is literally on fire. One fire alone has burned over a half million acres. The 3 longrifle clubs I belong to have not been able to shoot since May. Of the 2 ranges I can shoot at only 1 is open to muzzleloaders. Therefore I am not going to put on an August rifle match.
1. Fire Danger in my area
2. Way too hot
3. Vacation month for the wife & I
4. Lack of participation for the last 2 months.
If anyone wants to host it this month please feel free to do so. Just go to Targetz.com pick a target print it and log a photo on this page with your rules and a picture of the prize.
Just for the record I won't be shooting in this month's or probably September and October. Good luck to you all.
Mike
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 09:28:17 PM by MuskratMike »
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline bob in the woods

Re: August Rifle Postal Match????
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 10:27:20 PM »
That was my feeling before, but figured I'd try for July anyway. I think it's over for now . Maybe we'll see some interest in the Fall

Offline Nessmuck

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 12:16:02 AM »
Well…if’s it’s not too much trouble and work….Why not.  Throw up a post…and a target selection…and let it fly ! I just finish my 9 month restoration,of a 1967 Camaro….and am ready to let some steam off. Just have to order more powder…as the Local Bass Pro and Guns shops don’t have any ..l.

Offline johnfolchetti

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 02:49:41 PM »
I'll participate.

Offline Nessmuck

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 03:20:57 PM »
Where is Daryl ???

Offline Hutch

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 03:39:08 PM »
I've been patiently waiting to join one of these until I get my new rifle finished, but if 1 more guy joining keeps it going I will join up with my old hawken just to keep em going.  I really like the idea, especially since we don't have anything local.

Online D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 08:49:22 PM »
Nessmuck:  Daryl and his bride have rented a pad at a local lake and are enjoying a summer of sitting on the beach and fishing for trout.  And I have had my time used up too with life things and haven't taken any time to go shooting.  It is not from lack of interest:  just busy doing other stuff.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline MuskratMike

Re: August Rifle Postal Match????UPDATE!!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 09:28:54 PM »
Please look at the original post on this topic. The status has changed.
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline Nessmuck

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 01:52:37 AM »
Nessmuck:  Daryl and his bride have rented a pad at a local lake and are enjoying a summer of sitting on the beach and fishing for trout.  And I have had my time used up too with life things and haven't taken any time to go shooting.  It is not from lack of interest:  just busy doing other stuff.

Iam kinda glad you and Daryl are busy with other things….if I can pick my game up a little, I might have a glimmer of hope of coming in 3rd or 4th….😃

Offline Nessmuck

Re: August Rifle Postal Match????UPDATE!!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 01:58:58 AM »
Dang Muskrat Mike….that’s some tough conditions. We are just the opposite here in New Hampshire…with 12 inches of rain in July alone. Think it was the 3rd wettest in the last 150 years. And all the smoke from the fires made it here last week for a couple days ….stay safe and prayers sent Brother.