Author Topic: Information on English made longrifles  (Read 5926 times)

Offline Rajin cajun

• Ragin Cajun
Re: Information on English made longrifles
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2021, 01:31:58 AM »
Thank you Phil, absolutely fascinating information on these early English rifles....!
THANKS

Bob
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog !

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2021, 06:20:33 PM »
If you can find this there is tons of info on all makes of English Pattern  trade rifles. "Proceedings of the 1984 Trade Gun Conference"  "Part II Selected Papers" "Research Records No. 18, 1985"
 This was printed by the research division of the Rochester Museum & Science Center 657 East Ave. Rochester, New York.

But as all of you experts think I'm a dumb ass you may just want to scoff and dismiss me, as usual. ::)
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline lexington1

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2021, 07:57:59 PM »
I have those books but totally forgot about them. Old age is catching up to me and making me forget things. I still think that Shumway is off on his dating of the type A,B, and C rifles a bit and Baileys research as well as the excellent information everyone brought here and on another ML forum I believe bears this out.

Also old age is catching up to me and making me forget things.