Author Topic: Just ordered some powdah !  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Nessmuck

Just ordered some powdah !
« on: August 13, 2021, 05:14:47 AM »
Can’t find any powder locally….so had to pay the wicked Haz Mat fee….but it’s still less per pound …when I could find it locally. Iam a happy camper now !

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
Re: Just ordered some powdah !
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 08:21:02 PM »
I started ordering my black powder years ago and never looked back.  It's cheaper, usually available and it's delivered.  Can't beat that!
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline mushka

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 08:33:59 PM »
I've only bought one can of powder locally.  It was several years ago and it cost $32.00.  Ever since I've bought it online and even with the hazmat it was $10.00 per can cheaper.  I buy it five lbs at a time. and it was a little over a hundred buck delivered.  The LGS he is a rip off most pf the time.

Offline Maven

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 01:49:42 AM »
BP locally?  You've got to be kidding.  (Smokeless is almost impossible to get here as well.)
Paul W. Brasky

Offline Nessmuck

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 02:45:03 AM »
I got it from Maine Powder House…seeing Iam next door in NH. It’s a 2 hour ,one way drive to pick it up ,if I wanted to save the 65.00 shipping charge…but 4 hours of driving and gas…Not Happening ! But if the wife and I go to Dinner in Maine for some Lobster ….I would make sure to pick some up for sure.

Offline Silent Walker

• Starting Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 08:05:54 PM »
Glad I don't have powder problems... got enough on hand to last me a long time.

Offline dave951

• Starting Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 08:05:43 PM »
The issue with real black powder local is governmental regulation. Most shops don't/won't deal with that red tape to stock it and if they did, they'll charge accordingly. If you have to mail order, a pound or two is not economically viable. Best to order in bulk or with a couple others to amortize the hazmat across a large order.

Since I shoot competition, I go through lots of powder. Luckily, there is a black powder supplier right outside our organization's home range and I stock up twice a year. If anybody I know is heading that way to a match, guys in my area will put in an order for pickup if we're not going.

Good thing about dealing that way, we've had no issues in either powder or caps recently.