Author Topic: Ron Scott jaeger.  (Read 1254 times)

Offline EC121

Ron Scott jaeger.
« on: December 20, 2021, 08:00:45 PM »
There is a Ron Scott jaeger for you viewing pleasure on the blog.  www.bricestultzhisblog.blogspot.com
Brice Stultz

Offline Carl Young

Re: Ron Scott jaeger.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 04:38:38 AM »
Very nice, Brice! I hope you will bring it to the show next month so I can get a really good look.

Merry Christmas!
Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline EC121

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 02:17:54 AM »
I plan on it.
Brice Stultz

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 11:21:26 PM »
Pleasure?  Definitely!  I do like jaegers...a lot.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 05:34:34 PM »
This was an interesting project. The orginal that served as the model and from which the moulds were cast  had been converted to percussion in London ca 1850. The barrel had been re breeched, the lock and trigger replaced, so the original lock configuration was unknown. At the time of construction this Davis lock seemed like a reasonable stylistic choice for a 1760s Jaeger. The stock blank originated from a medium size English Walnut tree growing near my home in Medford Oregon. John DeWiss ( the man who commissioned the rifle) and his wife were from England and spoke with very charming accents.  Their visits to my workshop were very enjoyable.