General discussion > Contemporary Longrifle Collecting

L. Houston Harrison

<< < (4/8) > >>

flinchrocket:
I would love to see a picture of that. I did a front sight like that and had to grind down a engraving tool to make the slot, but it came out ok. You definitely have a keeper there.

Stoner creek:

--- Quote from: Molly on August 26, 2021, 11:45:24 PM ---Yes, that is the case.  And it is set very low as well.  The beauty is in the simplicity, the craftsmanship and the finish.  I don't know who made the lock and triggers but every other part of this rifle was custom made IMO.

--- End quote ---
I’ll bet that if you take the lock out and look at the inside plate you will see ROLLER. I have a lock that is identical to that one and it’s a Roller.

Molly:
I recall that I did that when we got it and I think that is correct.  I just did not want to remove it right now.  It's really a snug fit and demands a little care in taking it out.  One of the things I really like is the variety of finished to the metal.  Barrel and lock, brown.  Jaw screw and other screw heads, blued.  Guard, toe plate, butt plate, nose cap, box and tang...not blue, not brown but not "white" either.  And the muzzle.  It's almost "white".

Molly:

Sorry for the poor photos.  Will try to get better ones soon..

flinchrocket:
Thanks Molly, actually I’m looking for a solder line as I think more of these end up being soldered to take the wiggle out. This type of sight is a one shot deal and the slot has to be perfect for everything to work the way it should. That’s one reason you won’t see very many.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version