General discussion > Contemporary Longrifle Collecting

L. Houston Harrison

<< < (7/8) > >>

Molly:
Well, I decided to take a look and remove the lock.  I think I did that back when we got it.

SORRY to disappoint you but...............

it says "Made in China" ;D

No wait, that's not it.  It's "Roller 76" and there is another number on it as well.

Bob Roller:

--- Quote from: Molly on September 15, 2021, 03:47:58 AM ---Well, I decided to take a look and remove the lock.  I think I did that back when we got it.

SORRY to disappoint you but...............

it says "Made in China" ;D

No wait, that's not it.  It's "Roller 76" and there is another number on it as well.

--- End quote ---

Probably made after a Chinese dinner at the New China Restaraunt.That time frame was busy for me
and that lock was a good performer..I still have one frizzen and one cock.....maybe.I will keep the frizzen
in case of one breaking.That style of cock is all but indestructible.
Bob Roller

Shreckmeister:
Enjoyed the videos. Sadly there are less and less guys like that around these days.

J. Talbert:
Starting back in the Eighties my wife and I were camped practically next door to Jack Rouse during the national shoots at Friendship for a number of years.  His campsite was quite the hangout for gunmakers, story tellers and musicians.  Frank Bartlett and Houston Harrison to name a couple.
We had the pleasure of listening to Houston playing his handmade guitar on a number of occasions sitting under Jack’s awning.
It would be mighty hard to pick which endeavor was Houston’s best, musician, gunmaker or musical instrument maker.  He was phenomenal at all three.

Great memories,  :)
Jeff

Daryl:
Those videos were great - thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version