Author Topic: Sauer&Sohn Percussionsrifle kal 50  (Read 3589 times)

Offline rick/pa

Re: Sauer&Sohn Percussionsrifle kal 50
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2021, 05:10:59 AM »

Yes,that's the one and how many years has it been? It is certainly possible that a Hawken was not in the disaster but probably even rarer ones were.
Bob Roller               
I found this from a short article on the Inn..."Dr. Leo Speer bought the Inn in the '60s from Andy Palmer. He ran it until 1968 when he sold it to Shell Oil. The Inn burned and the building was demolished."

Here's a link to a video of it................

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2021, 05:11:41 PM »
Thank you for the video and the Colt display.The guy with the stunts using a Colt encouraged no end of dangerous behavior with these guns and one "Cardboard Cowboy" in this area fired one in the holster and had a limp to prove it.We had a friend here that had a much smaller collection of these pistols including what may have been the  only 44-40 with a shoulder stock and 12 inch barrel and a letter from Colt authenticating it.Also had one in really shabby condition that stood out like a goose egg in a bucket of coal and when I raised a question bout it being out of place he said "Look at the serial number.It was number 63 and was found in Mexico and obviously the barrel was shortened with a hack saw..I was then impressed by the fact it survived at all.He finally sold the collection and bought and restored a Stearman Boeing WW2 biplane that was the next to the last one bought by the U.S.Navy in 1943. I have flown this grand  old bird and will say the only way the pilot can get in trouble with it would be to be inattentive to the fuel tank or fly it into the side of a bridge.
Bob Roller
Moderators,please send this to  "Over the back Fence"if you want to.

Offline runastav

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2021, 09:12:39 AM »
Hi all! And thank you guys! Nice video! The tumbler TIG welded and new half cock made and I install a FLY very very small part made from a unbrako screw nice steel!. But now it works when using the set trigger ;)
Runar

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2021, 02:46:01 PM »
Good job Runar! I would not have taken it on and never was good at repair work.
Bob Roller

Offline runastav

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2021, 06:54:01 PM »
Thank you Bob, not bad from a lock master ;)
Runar

Offline Not English

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2021, 08:01:25 AM »
Runar,

I'm always amazed.Thanks for posting, I have absolutely no experience with back action locks, so it's definitely a learning experience.

Dave

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2021, 08:51:09 PM »
Runar, one thing that the Sauer & Sohn needs is a semi-circular piece of flat silver directly in front of and below the nipple.  Those firearms with nipples standing out in the open almost invariably have said piece of silver (or maybe German silver?) in place as the semi-exposed nipple location causes a lot of damage to the wood in front of and below the nipple and it's propensity for throwing both powder and metal debris onto the wood.  Make the radius about 1.5 cm.

I currently have several of the BA locks; one in particular is going into a .50 cal pistol, replica of a John Deringer.  I have the stock cut out of English walnut, and the barrel inlet.  Lock will be inlet next.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline runastav

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2021, 07:29:49 PM »
Hi all, and thank you guys! And here is # 3  and this one have its bajonet!
Runar

Offline runastav

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2022, 05:14:55 PM »
Hi all!
Here I have #2  of this rifles for a litle LTC very nice rifles ;)
Runar

Offline runastav

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2022, 12:40:04 PM »
Hi all!
The owner say there is a OLD load in the patentbrech, so after kill it with oil I remowe the breachplug and remowe the load and ahhha its a PILLAR breach!! And I made new oversize threads to the stipped cross screw see photos!
Runar