Author Topic: 1831 dated horn and pouch with Liberty, fish, horse, scroll and vine, geometrics  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
1831 was the year of Nat Turner's rebellion.  I wonder if the "Liberty" might have been in reference to that.  Owner's initials
of J * SH happen to be my 4th Great Grandfather's initials.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Online rich pierce

• Administrator
Great kit!
Andover, Vermont

Online JTR

• member 2
That's Nice!
John Robbins

Offline mr. no gold

• member 2
Fine outfit!!! Thank you for showing it here for out appreciation.
Dick

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
 Rob, you find some of the neatest pieces.

Tim

Offline RAT

I'm actually more interested in the pouch than the horn. Can we get more detail photos of the pouch? Is there a gusset? Is it a full gusset, or does it stop part way up each side? What are the dimensions? Any internal features like pockets? What does the back look like?
Bob

Offline Shreckmeister

I’ll get some detail posted Monday. Yes there is an internal pocket.  It’s a rather large bag.  Thanks
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline heinz

Very nice!  Thanks for posting.
kind regards, heinz

Offline Chris_B

Love that! Thank you for sharing
Kind regards from Germany, Chris

Offline Shreckmeister

I'm actually more interested in the pouch than the horn. Can we get more detail photos of the pouch? Is there a gusset? Is it a full gusset, or does it stop part way up each side? What are the dimensions? Any internal features like pockets? What does the back look like?

Offline RAT

It looks like the pouch might date later than the horn. It looks like machine stitching and brass harness rivets were used.
Bob

Offline Hornbuilder

• Starting Member
Thats a very unique way of attaching the horn spout to the strap of the pouch . Awesome horn as well !