Author Topic: "KENTUCKY" PISTOLS at Poulin"s  (Read 915 times)

Online WESTbury

• Marble Mountain central I Corps May 1969
"We are not about to send American Boys 9 to 10 thousand miles away from home to do what Asian Boys ought to be doing for themselves."
President Lyndon B. Johnson October 21, 1964

Offline Avlrc

• Hampshire County Long Rifles
Re: "KENTUCKY" PISTOLS at Poulin"s
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 07:02:42 PM »
Why did u post that George Young pistol?  >:(  I need that for my collection & was hoping no one would notice it since it is so dimuntive.  He made that gun 4 miles from my home.  I have a few of his rifles and a couple of my friends  have some.  I have been looking at the photo of that pistol for 15 years & have tried to find that pistol many times to no avail. 

Online WESTbury

• Marble Mountain central I Corps May 1969
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 07:30:37 PM »
Sorry to upset you. However, think of it as a character building exercise. ;)

My character gets a similar going over with almost every auction lately!
"We are not about to send American Boys 9 to 10 thousand miles away from home to do what Asian Boys ought to be doing for themselves."
President Lyndon B. Johnson October 21, 1964

Offline Avlrc

• Hampshire County Long Rifles
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 08:15:01 PM »
Oh, I aint mad.   With the internet no secrets anyways.    And without the internet, I would have half of my collection, a blade that cuts both ways.  Actually for the serious collector competition  could be  better.  It leaves little room for the spectulators.  I just hope if i don;t get it, that some collector in Romney area gets it.   I have spent many years bringing guns back home & have a freind who has spent 50..  It is a gun worth sharing :)  I will say the wire work on our rifles is superior to this pistol, but he had less room to work.

Have a Great Day

Offline Yxrancher

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 06:40:09 PM »
Avric, we would love to see pics of your collection especially in light of the upcoming auction!
Thanks!
John