Author Topic: Magnetic Flush Tubes....Update  (Read 990 times)

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
Magnetic Flush Tubes....Update
« on: September 14, 2021, 11:09:03 PM »
Well, after the brief discussion on another post about how I clean my flintlock with a magnetically attached flush tube, I donated 4 of them to ALR and Dennis held one of his drawings and selected four lucky people who didn't really win anything except the privilege of sending money to Dennis.   ;)   Shortly thereafter I was contacted by many of those who did not "win" Dennis' drawing and was asked if I could make a few more.  I made an additional 10 and thought I had it covered.....But people kept contacting me so I made 56 more.  I was so busy trying to get them made and sent out quickly that I didn't have time to respond via email to all those who ordered one.  So this post is to let all of you know that, as of today, I am caught up....I think.  If you haven't received your flush tube from me yet, it it should be there in a couple of days at most.  Thank you for the orders and my apologies for taking so long to get these made and shipped.....the whole response took me by surprise.... :o

David Crisalli
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Dennis Daigger

Re: Magnetic Flush Tubes....Update
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 03:07:18 AM »
Dave,
Your tube arrived today and after looking in vain for the lever to turn the magnet off I had to resort to brute force to get it off my barrel.  ;)

Great design and workmanship. Thanks for the quick turnaround. I've been removing my barrel for cleaning so this is an awesome alternative.
Dennis

sparky

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 01:27:23 PM »
Received mine on the 14th. Now to get an opportunity to use it.

Offline dieselmech570

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 03:28:32 PM »
I finally got a chance to shoot my .54 gain twist that R.A. Hoyt did for me, which gave me an opportunity to try my new magnetic cleaning mechanism. I am super pleased with both!!!  This tool took me back 40 yrs, when I used to just take down my T/C Hawken and stick the barrel in a bucket of water, and swab away! (now, my flintlocks all have pinned barrels)  What a simple and effective idea!